Washington Township, Morgan County, Indiana
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||59.03 sq mi (152.9 km2)|
|• Land||57.51 sq mi (149.0 km2)|
|• Water||1.51 sq mi (3.9 km2) 2.56%|
|Elevation||604 ft (184 m)|
|• Density||296.9/sq mi (114.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||454008|
Washington Township is one of fourteen townships in Morgan County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 17,073 and it contained 7,171 housing units. The township contains a portion of the Morgan–Monroe State Forest.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 59.03 square miles (152.9 km2), of which 57.51 square miles (149.0 km2) (or 97.43%) is land and 1.51 square miles (3.9 km2) (or 2.56%) is water. The White River defines the township's north border.
Cities, towns, villages
- Champlin Meadows at
- Elk at
- Fewell Rhoades at
- Mahalasville at
- Maxwell at
- McDaniel at
- Prather at
- Shelburne at
- Stines Mill Corner at
- Taggart Crossing at
- Willowbrook Estates at 
- Wolff at
- Woodcrest at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Hill Dale, Maxwell, Nutter and Williams.
- Interstate 69
- Indiana State Road 37
- Indiana State Road 39
- Indiana State Road 44
- Indiana State Road 67
- Indiana State Road 252
Airports and landing strips
- McDaniels Field
- Spring Lake
- Metropolitan School District of Martinsville Schools
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 47
- State Senate District 37
- "Washington Township, Morgan County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 7/09/12 through 7/13/12. National Park Service. 2012-07-20.
- "Willowbrook Estates, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2017-06-04.