Washington Township, Owen County, Indiana
Location in Owen County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||47.57 sq mi (123.2 km2)|
|• Land||47.4 sq mi (123 km2)|
|• Water||0.17 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.36%|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Density||130/sq mi (50/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47431, 47433, 47460|
|GNIS feature ID||0454011|
The CCC Recreation Building-Nature Museum, McCormick's Creek State Park Entrance and Gatehouse, Secrest-Wampler House, and Stone Arch Bridge over McCormick's Creek are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 47.57 square miles (123.2 km2), of which 47.4 square miles (123 km2) (or 99.64%) is land and 0.17 square miles (0.44 km2) (or 0.36%) is water. The White River defines the northeastern border of the township.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Blair, Chambersville, Mount Moriah, River Hill, Riverside, Rose and Witham.
Airports and landing strips
- Miller Airport
- Spencer-Owen Community Schools
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 37
- "Washington Township, Owen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 687.
- Staff (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Washington Township
||Morgan Township||Montgomery Township||Wayne Township|
|Lafayette Township||Bean Blossom Township, Monroe County|
|Franklin Township||Clay Township||Richland Township, Monroe County|