Washington Township, Sherman County, Kansas
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Shermanville Township — north
- Llanos Township — northeastern corner
- Union Township — east
- Iowa Township — south
- Smoky Township — southwestern corner
- Itasca Township — west
- Voltaire Township — northwest
Interstate 70 and U.S. Route 24 run concurrently east–west through Washington Township. The small K-253 connects Edson with the interstate. A railroad line also travels east–west through Washington Township, just north of the interstate.
As an active township, Washington Township is governed by a three-member board, composed of the township trustee, the township treasurer, and the township clerk. The trustee acts as the township executive.
- "Subcounty population estimates: Kansas 2000-2007" (CSV). United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2009-03-18. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- Detailed Kansas map, United States Census Bureau, 2000. Accessed 2009-03-23.
- DeLorme. Kansas Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2009, p. 28. ISBN 0-89933-342-7.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Washington Township, Sherman County, Kansas
- §80-301 and §80-505, Kansas Statutes. Accessed 2009-03-23.