Washington Township, Starke County, Indiana
Location in Starke County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.19 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.13 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||722 ft (220 m)|
|• Density||83.1/sq mi (32.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||46511, 46531, 46534|
|GNIS feature ID||454020|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.19 square miles (93.7 km2), of which 36.13 square miles (93.6 km2) (or 99.83%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Bass Lake (north edge)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Oregon Township (north)
- West Township, Marshall County (east)
- Union Township, Marshall County (southeast)
- North Bend Township (south)
- California Township (southwest)
- Center Township (west)
- Davis Township (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Holy Cross and Swartzell.
- Eagle Lake
- Knox Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 17
- State Senate District 5
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Washington Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-07-05.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
||Davis Township||Oregon Township|
|Center Township||West Township, Marshall County|
|California Township||North Bend Township||Union Township, Marshall County|