Wasif Ali Wasif
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Wasif Ali Wasif|
Wasif Ali Wasif
|Born||15 January 1929
|Died||18 January 1993|
|Other names||Baba g Huzur|
|Occupation||Poet, Teacher, Writer|
|Known for||Books, Columns, Saint, Sufi,|
Wasif Ali Wasif (Urdu: ; 15 January 1929 – 18 January 1993) was a teacher, writer, poet and sufi intellectual from Pakistan. He is famous for his unique literary style. Probably no contemporary Urdu writer is more cited in quotations than he is. Master of aphorism, he has almost a miraculous ability to capture a rainbow of meaning in a few dewdrops of well chosen words. Many of his APHORISMS have become proverbs in recent years. His book "Kiran Kiran Suraj" containing these aphorisms remained best seller for many many years. He used to write short essays on topics like love, life, fortune, fear, hope, expectation, promise, prayer, happiness, sorrow and so on with clear objective of highlighting the true spirit of Islam. He was regular columnist of Pakistani Urdu daily newspaper Nawa-i-Waqt. His column was named "GUFTGOO" and it started publishing in newspaper in 1984.His shrine is in Lahore famous Mianiasaab graveyard (made after demolishing many graves) where his Urs is celebrated on 22-24 RAJAB every year.
Here is a list of the books by the Wasif Ali Wasif.
- Shab Chiragh (Urdu Poetry) 1978
- Kiran Kiran Sooraj (Aphorism) 1983
- The Beaming Soul (English Version of Kiran Kiran Sooraj) 198?
- Dil Darya Samundar (Essays) 1987
- Qatra Qatra Qulzum (Essays) 1989
- Ocean in Drop (English version Of Qatra Qatra Qulzam) 19??
- Harf Harf Haqeeqat (Essays) 1994
- Bharay Bharolay (Punjabi Poetry) 1994
- Shab Raaz (Urdu Poetry) 1994
- Baat Say Baat (Aphorism) 1995
- Gumnam Adeeb (Letters) 19??
- Mukalama (Dialogue,Speeches & Interview) 19??
- Ziker-e-Habeeb (Na'tia Poetry) 2004
- Dareechay (Aphorism) 2004
- WasifYat (Essays) 2013
- Kulyat-e-Wasif Ali Wasif (Poetry) 2014
- Aqwaal-e-Wasif Ali Wasif Ka Encyclopedia 2014
- Guftgoo (Questions & Answers Series - 30 volumes)
- Guftgoo 1-5 (volume 1) 2015
- Guftgoo 6-10 (volume 2) 2015
- Guftgoo 11-15 (volume 3) 2015
- Guftgoo 16-20 (volume 4) 2015
- Guftgoo 21-25 (volume 5) 2015
- Staff report (21 September 2003). "Wasif Ali Wasif’s Urs begins". Daily Times (Pakistan). Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- Staff report (9 August 2007). "Wasif Ali Wasif remembered". Daily Times (Pakistan). Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- Correspondent (10 July 2009). "Capturing the wisdom of modern mystic". The News International (Pakistan). Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- Ajaz ul Haq (2009). Ferma'ish. Islamabad, Pakistan: National Book Foundation.
- Wasifaliwasif.pk: official Wasif Ali Wasif website
- Wasif Khayal Magazine
- Dailytimes.com.pk: Seminar to commemorate Wasif Ali Wasif
Part of a series on Islam
Sufism and Tariqat