This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Wasteland is one of the biggest fetish events in the world. At the same time, it is one of the longest running fetish events. Being the first fetish event of its kind since its inception in 1994. Wasteland has about 6,000–8,000 visitors, over 40 acts and more than five stages every year. Besides fetish performances, there are DJs (deephouse music, house music and disco), VJs, cinema and fashion shows by couturiers. The event is currently held in the Northseavenue.
Since 2017, Wasteland also has a summer edition, called Wasteland Summerfest, held in July.
Wasteland began in 1994 in Amsterdam. Its main goal was to bring fetishism out of the underground and expose it to a wider audience. Open-mindedness and tolerance are still key elements during this event. Outrageous partying gay, straight and bi-sexual fetishists caused commotion in the city of Amsterdam. It was something that had been seen never before. There was a gangway build between Club Richter and Cafe Blitz in the Reguliersdwarsstraat for the event. The beautifully dressed guests could be admired by passersby from the street. Pictures of this were shared all over the world.
Wasteland is known for its controversial and artistic flyers. They became collector's items over the years. Shot by photographers such as Marcel van der Vlugt, Carli Hermès, Fritz Kok, Edland Man, Fotofloor and Erwin Olaf.
- "Rechtspraak.nl - Zoeken in uitspraken" (in Dutch). Zoeken.rechtspraak.nl. 31 October 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Wasteland > Articles | Playboy" (in Dutch). Playboy.nl. 18 February 2011. Archived from the original on 13 March 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Kinky Giel Beelen > Articles | Playboy" (in Dutch). Playboy.nl. 12 April 2011. Archived from the original on 17 January 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- Renske (18 November 2010). "Mijn latex jurk « Columnisten nrc.next" (in Dutch). Nrcnext.nl. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Foreign Costume Designer Meets Greek Head Chef. Amsterdam Magazine. May 2011.[dead link]
- "Wasteland - LatexWiki - the free latex fetish encyclopedia". LatexWiki. 6 July 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- Marcel van der Vlugt. "Marcel van der Vlugt". Marcel van der Vlugt. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- Irresistible Iris (November 2012). "Wasteland turns to waistland for Bizarre Design's 25th year". The Fetishistas. Archived from the original on 3 February 2016. Retrieved 30 November 2012.