Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen
|Watch What Happens Live|
with Andy Cohen
|Also known as||Watch What Happens Live|
(until December 19, 2016)
Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen @Home
(from March 30, 2020)
|Genre||Late-night talk show|
|Presented by||Andy Cohen|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||17|
|No. of episodes||1,843 (as of April 9, 2020[update])|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Original release||July 16, 2009 –|
Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen (abbreviated WWHL, previously named Watch What Happens Live) is an American pop culture-based late-night talk show hosted by Andy Cohen that premiered on July 16, 2009. It features Bravo's own reality programming in the manner of an aftershow and popular culture news. The show's title was inspired by the network's then-slogan, "Watch what happens." The show is produced live from New York City, allowing interaction with viewers by phone and social media. In November 2013, Bravo renewed Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen for two additional seasons. On March 2, 2016, the show aired its 1,000th episode. The show celebrated its ten-year milestone in June 2019 with Chrissy Teigen, John Mayer, and Luann de Lesseps making appearances.
On December 9, 2019, the series was renewed for additional seasons throughout 2021.
On March 13, the show suspended production due to the COVID-19 pandemic, during which Cohen himself tested positive for the virus. The show had been produced from Cohen's apartment starting in March. The show returned to its Manhattan studio on October 11, 2020.
- List of programs broadcast by Bravo
- List of late-night American network TV programs
- List of television shows filmed in New York City
- Stelter, Brian (September 4, 2009). "Cable Executive Gets a Taste of Reality TV". The New York Times. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- Carter, Bill (November 21, 2011). "Bravo Expands Andy Cohen's Show to 5 Nights a Week". Media Decoder (The New York Times). Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- Rose, Lacey (April 22, 2014). "'Watch What Happens Live' Renewed for Two More Years at Bravo". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Strohm, Emily (February 24, 2016). "Cher! Shaq! Cameron! Looking Back on Watch What Happens Live's Most Shocking Moments Before 1,000th Episode Special". People. Retrieved May 22, 2016.
- Strause, Jackie (June 27, 2019). "Andy Cohen on 10 Years of Late Night and Why He's Not Surprised to Still Be the Only Gay Host". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 2, 2019.
- "Bravo Media Renews Emmy(TM) Award-Nominated "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen" Through 2021". The Futon Critic. December 10, 2019.
- Aurthur, Kate (March 22, 2020). "Andy Cohen Will Begin Shooting 'Watch What Happens Live' From His Apartment". Variety. Retrieved August 31, 2020.
- White, Peter (October 6, 2020). "'Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen' Returns To The Studio". Deadline Hollywood.