List of water sports
(Redirected from Water sport)Jump to navigation Jump to search
In the water
- Artistic or Synchronised swimming consists of swimmers performing a synchronised routine of elaborate moves in the water, accompanied by music.
- Diving, the sport of jumping off springboards or platforms into water
- Modern pentathlon includes épée fencing, pistol shooting, swimming, a show jumping course on horseback, and cross country running
- Rescue swimming is swimming with the goal to rescue other swimmers
- Snorkeling is the practice of swimming at the surface (typically of the sea) being equipped with a mask, fins, and a short tube called a snorkel.
- Swimming, including pool swimming and open water swimming
- Synchronized diving
- Triathlon, a multi-sport event involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance events, usually a combination of swimming, cycling and running
- Water aerobics is aerobics in the water.
- Water polo is a sport of two difrrence teams played in water with a ball.
On the water
- Barefoot skiing is waterskiing without skis
- Boating is the use of boats
- Boat racing is the use of powerboats to participate in races
- Bodyboarding is similar to surfing, but the board is smaller and the person (normally) lies down on the board
- Cable skiing is similar to wake boarding but with cables for artificial maneuvering
- Canoe polo
- Dragon boat racing teams of 20 paddlers racing
- Fishing is the recreation and sport of catching fish
- Jet Skiing
- Kitesurfing on flat water using a kite for propulsion
- Paddleboarding a person is propelled on a surf style board using a long paddle
- Parasailing where a person is towed behind a vehicle (usually a boat) while attached to a parachute
- Picigin, kicking around a small ball on shallow waters.
- River trekking
- Sailing using the wind for propulsion
- Sit-down hydrofoiling is riding on the water with a hydrofoil attached to a ski
- Skimboarding is a boardsport in which a board is used to ride on an incoming wave
- Skurfing is where the participant "skurfs" behind a boat on a surfboard
- Standup paddleboarding, a type of surfing in which the surfer stands on their boards and uses a paddle to propel themselves in the water
- Surfing downhill on ocean waves or artificial waves in a wave pool
- Wakeboarding is similar to water skiing, but using only one board attached to the feet
- Wakeskating is similar to wakeboarding, but the board is not attached to the feet
- Wakesurfing is a mix between wakeboarding and surfing
- Waterskiing is using skis to slide over the water while being pulled by a boat or other device
- White water rafting
- Windsurfing on flat water using wind for propulsion in combination with sails
- Yachting sailing on yachts, daysailing, cruising or Yacht racing
- Cave diving
- Deep diving
- Ice diving
- Underwater archaeology, particularly activity involving wreck diving
- Underwater photography, including underwater videography, is photography done under water. Numerous contests worldwide are arranged every year. Digital cameras have revolutionized how many divers participate.
- Underwater videography
- Aquathlon (underwater wrestling)
- Sport diving (sport)
- Underwater football
- Underwater hockey is a game played underwater which has some similarities to hockey. Two teams of players use short wooden curved sticks to move a heavy puck across the pool bottom to the opponents' goal.
- Underwater ice hockey
- Underwater orienteering
- Underwater photography (sport)
- Underwater rugby is a game played underwater which has some similarities to rugby football. Two teams try to score goals by sending a slightly negatively buoyant ball into the opponents' goal placed on the bottom of the pool.
- Underwater target shooting
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Water sports.|