Waterloo is an unincorporated community in Waterloo Township, Fayette County, Indiana.
Waterloo was platted in 1841. It took its name from Waterloo Township.
An 1883 cyclone in Waterloo destroyed all but three buildings.
Waterloo is located at 39°42′13″N 85°06′11″W / 39.70361°N 85.10306°W.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ History of Fayette County, Indiana: Containing a History of the Townships, Towns, Villages, Schools, Churches, Industries, Etc. Warner, Beers and Company. 1885. p. 215.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 339. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...named for Waterloo Township, in which it was located...
- ^ Barrows, Frederic Irving (1917). History of Fayette County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. Bowen, B. F. p. 270.