Waterloo High School (Illinois)
|Waterloo High School|
505 East Bulldog Boulevard
|School district||Waterloo Community Unit School District 5|
|Website||Waterloo High School Website|
In 2007, ground was broken on a new building. The school's cost is roughly $38 million. The school is built on 62 acres (250,000 m2) of land and holds 1,400 students. The school has a total of 57 classrooms.
Waterloo High School has an auditorium that can hold 462 people. The school also has a fitness center and weight room used for PE students and athletes, four computer labs, a library, a cafeteria that can seat 600 students, band room, chorus room, and an engineering lab. The school has an interior courtyard area for agricultural classes.
The school has a 20,040-square-foot (1,862 m2) gym that holds a total of 2,000 people. The school has six tennis courts, one softball field, one baseball field, and a football/soccer field as well as the marching field and a track.
Waterloo High School offers a large number of extracurricular activities.
- Art Club
- Auto Club
- Big Brother / Big Sister
- Chess Club
- Diversity Club
- Drama Club
- Gaming Club
- German Club
- FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America)
- Friends for Friends
- Math Team
- NHS (National Honors Society)
- Orange Crush (Pep Club)
- Saturday Scholars
- Science Club
- Spanish Club
- Speech Team
- Scholar Bowl
- SHOW (Students Helping Out Waterloo)
- Student Council
- Wahischo (Yearbook Committee)
- David Meckler (born 1987), ice hockey player
- "Waterloo High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 17, 2019.
- "Guarantee Electrical Completes $38 Million, 227,000SF High School in Waterloo, Ill". Guarantee Electrical. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Guarantee's Innovative Electrical Design Advances Technology & Energy Savings at Two Illinois High Schools". Guarantee Electrical. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Extracurricular Activities". Waterloo Community Unit School District 5. Retrieved May 28, 2012.