Watertown High School (Massachusetts)
|Watertown High School|
|50 Columbia Street,
Watertown, MA 02472
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Watertown Public Schools|
|Average SAT scores||503 verbal
1524 total (2015–2016)
|Website||Watertown High School|
Watertown High School is the local high school for Watertown, Massachusetts. Built in 1929, it has a diverse student population of just over 700 with a high concentration of ethnic Armenians. The school is home to the Watertown Raiders, who are best known for their varsity field hockey and boys' basketball programs. Watertown's colors are black and red.
Watertown High has brought home several sports championships, as well as the state championships of 2007 and 2009 for boys' basketball. Watertown has had many state, Middlesex, and Division II championships from girls field hockey. Girls field hockey won the state tournament against Oakmont Regional High School in 2009; the final score was 1–0. They also beat Auburn in 2010 (1-0) and Oakmont again in 2011 (3-2). Watertown boys' hockey won the Division III State Championship in 2015. On October 21, 2015, the girls' field hockey team set a new high school national record by winning their 154th consecutive game.
- Eliza Dushku, actor - has appeared in several film and television roles
- Hrach Gregorian, political consultant, educator, and writer
- Michael Jingozian, the vice chairman of the Libertarian Party of the United States, founder and CEO, AngelVision, video producer
- Mark Roopenian, NFL player
- Brian Flora, radio personality known as "B-Real"
- "Administration - WPS Directory & Classrooms". Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- "Teacher Data (2013-14) - Watertown High (03140505)". Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- "Enrollment Data (2013-14) - Watertown High (03140505)". Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- "2015-16 SAT Performance Statewide Report". Retrieved November 21, 2016.
- Esmet. "Welcome to Watertown Public Schools". Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- "Home - Wicked Local - Boston, MA". Wicked Local Barnstable. Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- "Watertown High School Field Hockey Breaks National Record". Retrieved 2015-10-28.
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|