Waterway Point in 2016
|Address||83 Punggol Central|
|Opening date||January 2016|
Far East Organization
|Management||Frasers Centrepoint Malls|
|Owner||Frasers Centrepoint Malls|
|No. of stores and services||203|
|No. of anchor tenants||11|
|Total retail floor area||370,824 square feet (34,450.7 m2)|
|No. of floors||4|
Waterway Point is a suburban shopping mall located in the town centre of Punggol New Town, Singapore, next to the Punggol MRT/LRT station. The mall was built as part of Punggol's first integrated waterfront residential and retail development, Watertown. It is the first mall in Singapore to be integrated with a town square and a visitors’ centre which provides an avenue for residents and the public to learn more about the heritage of Punggol through exhibitions and civic and community events. The mall had a soft launch in January 2016, and was officially opened in April 2016.
Waterway Point was announced in October 2011 by mall developer Frasers Centerpoint Limited. Built on an empty plot of land located beside the waterway and MRT station, the mall was jointly developed by Far East Organization and Sekisui House and is part of the S$1.6 billion new Watertown development. It has a total of 542,493 square feet (50,399.2 m2) of gross floor area and has 370,824 square feet (34,450.7 m2) of retail space spread over 4 levels inclusive of 2 basements, with a tenant mix of approximately 30% F&B, 43% retail, 15% entertainment, 12% others (education institutions, banks, civic & community amenities such as a library).
Located beside the Punggol Waterway, Waterway Point boasts of having the first ever suburban late-night shopping, alfresco dining and entertainment concept by the waterfront, setting it apart from other suburban shopping malls located around the area. The mall also features themed spaces such as The Cove, which features an interactive water fountain play area, Village Square, Market Square and Event Square catering to community events for residents living around the area and through these themed spaces, visitors can learn more about the heritage of Punggol through exhibitions and civic and community events.
The layout of the mall is different from many traditional mall layouts, it is separated into the East Wing and West Wing which are connected by a walkway, The Boardwalk. Each level of the mall is separated into "zones", with each level catering to different visitors.
As a family oriented mall, it features a "Kids and Family Zone" on Level 2, with various educational learning centres such as My First Skool and Wonderland, a themed space for children to play and learn in and also the largest Times Bookstore outlet in Singapore. It will also has a dry and wet playground on the second floor, overlooking the Punggol Waterway. The food court operated by Koufu is also located on this floor.
The mall features a "Fashion and Food Zone" on Level 1, with most of the restaurants offering local and international cuisines and also waterfront dining as well as salons and banks. Fashion brands such as a 2-storey H&M, Charles & Keith, Uniqlo and other international and local fashion brands are located on this level.
Basement 1 features the "Waterfront Promenade & Alfresco Dining" zone, where restaurants offering alfresco dining by the promenade are located at. Telecommunications companies such as Singtel, fashion brands and other services are also located on this level.
The mall has a “Lifestyle and Convenience” level at Basement 2 which operates 24 hours, with a FairPrice Finest supermarket, which occupies 30,000 square feet of retail space anchoring the activities round-the-clock, complemented by various dining and entertainment outlets. Shaw Theatres, Singapore's first basement cinema with an IMAX theatre occupying 32,500 square feet of retail space with nearly 1500 seats will also be located at Basement 2, it has 11 screens and is the largest suburban cinema in Singapore.
- Shaw Theatres and IMAX
- NTUC Fairprice Finest
- Cookhouse By Koufu
- Best Denki
- Times Bookstores
- Toys R Us
- My First Skool
- The Pet Safari
Waterway Point is located beside Punggol MRT/LRT station and Punggol Bus Interchange, making it easily accessible by public transport. It serves as the main shopping mall for residents of Punggol New Town.
Boardwalk at Waterway Point leading to the waterway
- "Waterway Point". We Love Punggol. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "Waterway Point in Punggol to open on Jan 18". Channel News Asia. December 23, 2015. Retrieved December 25, 2015.
- "Upcoming Shopping Mall is significant addition to the new Punggol Waterfront project" (PDF). Fraser and Neave. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "PUNGGOL’S LEADING INTEGRATED WATERFRONT RESIDENTIAL AND RETAIL DEVELOPMENT SHAPING UP". Far East Organisation. 5 October 2012. Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "Why Waterway Point is anchored for success". The Edge Property. January 22, 2016. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- "Waterway Point officially opens". Channel News Asia. April 19, 2016. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "WATERWAY POINT CLOSE TO FULL TENANCY". Frasers Centrepoint Malls. August 4, 2015.
- "SOFT OPENING OF WATERWAY POINT - 18 JAN 2016". Frasers Centrepoint. January 11, 2016. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Introducing Waterway Point". Frasers Centrepoint Malls. 5 August 2015. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- "Mark your calendars! Waterway Point opens 18 Jan 2016". Frasers Centrepoint. January 11, 2016. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "Waterway Point gets anchor tenants". Far East Organisation. October 6, 2012. Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "5 new large childcare centres to be built to meet high demand". Channel News Asia. May 28, 2015.
- "Shaw Theatres opens suburban cinema with the most number of screens in Singapore". The Editor. January 19, 2016. Retrieved January 19, 2016.