Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular
|Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular|
|Universal Studios Hollywood|
|Universal Studios Japan|
|Opening date||March 31, 2001|
|Universal Studios Singapore|
|Area||The Lost World|
|Opening date||March 18, 2010|
|Attraction type||Water Stunt Show|
Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular is an attraction based on the 1995 film Waterworld found at Universal Studios Hollywood (1995), Universal Studios Japan (2001), and Universal Studios Singapore (2010). The original attraction opened at the same time as the film. Although the film was considered a critical and financial disappointment, the show was highly praised, winning a 1996 Thea Award from the Themed Entertainment Association. The attraction remains highly rated by park guests.
Adapted by Ben Hurst, the attraction's story occurs after the events of the movie, beginning with Helen's return from "Dryland" to get her friends from the "Atoll", and includes the characters Helen, the Deacon, and the Mariner as well as several "Atollers" and "Smokers". The show is 16 minutes long and includes stunts on water, land, and overhead, supported by many pyrotechnic, flame, water, and other special effects, including the explosive crash landing of the seaplane. The stunt show's unique soundtrack was crafted from snips from the movie score.
The seating is in three sections of arena seating. The front seats are the "Soak Zones", which are the target of splashes from the Jet Skis and various wet special effects. The seats after are the "Splash Zones", where some splashes will land.
- Wharton, David (October 12, 1995). "Wet, Wild Saga Continues for 'Waterworld'. Universal Studios to Unveil Stunt Show Based on the Film". "Los Angeles Times". Los Angeles. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- "Waterworld". Inside Universal. Archived from the original on October 7, 2007. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- "Universal Studios Hollywood's 'Waterworld – A Live Sea War Spectacular' Brings Blockbuster Movie Surging to Life" (Press release). Universal Studios. June 14, 2007. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- Cashill, Robert (April 1, 1996), "Waterworld Live", TCI, retrieved January 9, 2010
- "WaterWorld: A Live Sea Spectacular". theStudioTour.com. 2006. Retrieved January 9, 2009.
- "Action Horizons (Waterworld stunts)". Action Horizons. Retrieved January 12, 2010.
- "AET Company Profile". Advanced Entertainment Technologies. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- "Amphibian Stunts: Exciting, Safe and Reliable Live Shows (Waterworld Singapore & Hollywood refurbishment 2013)". Amphibian Stunts. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- "Flame Effects (Waterworld Japan)". The Attraction Services Company. 2007. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- "News". Birket Engineering. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- "Waterworld (Japan)". Grayson Production Services. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- "Norm Kahn". Utopia Entertainment. Archived from the original on February 1, 2009. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- Media related to Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular (Universal Studios Hollywood) at Wikimedia Commons
- Media related to Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular (Universal Studios Singapore) at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about an amusement ride or roller coaster is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|