|Elevation||961 ft (293 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1065456|
Watkins is an unincorporated community in Mill Creek Township, Union County, Ohio, United States. It is located at Coordinates: , along Watkins Road, between U.S. Route 33 and U.S. Route 42, about five miles east of Marysville.
Watkins was laid out and platted in 1838, and named for Joseph S. Watkins, a government surveyor. The Watkins Post office was established on March 18, 1840, but was discontinued on July 31, 1908. The mail service is now sent through the Marysville branch.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Watkins, Ohio
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '06. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2006, 78.
- Durant, Pliny A. (1883). The History of Union County, Ohio, containing a history of the county; its townships, towns .. Chicago: Beers, W. H., & co. p. 342.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Watkins Post Office
|This Union County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|