|Launched||August 28, 2014|
|Language||English , French|
WatsUp TV started as a single TV Show, and is currently a continental entertainment series of TV shows made for the Pan African Bilingual community and shown on various television channels founded by Abd Traore. It was ranked the 9th most influential program on social media in Ghana in 2014, the 2nd most influential TV program in on social media in Ghana in 2015, and the most influential program on social media in Ghana in 2016.
The WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards (WAMVA) was launched on 29 September 2016 in Accra, Ghana. On December 28, 2016, winners of the maiden edition of the Awards were announced in a ceremony that hosted industry players and the media. The Awards were also widely recognized and acknowledged by recipients across the continent.
The CEO of WatsUp Co, Mr Abd Traore launched its sister company named WatsUp Magazine on 14th March 2018, an Entertaiment Music Magazine and its first edition was covered by Afro beat highlife Ghanaian Artist Bisa Kdei.
WatsUp TV currently boasts four unique shows on multiple TV channels. The WatsUp TV content features music videos from Africa, interviews with celebrities and industry players across the African Continent with custom-made entertainment. They are:
- #FansTweetRequest- This segment allows Twitter users of the show to send in requests, shout outs and messages directly to their friends, family and loved ones on TV.
- News- This will serve entertainment news, current and informative news from across Africa and the rest of the world.
- Watsup TV Interviews- This brings viewers exclusive one on one interview with all top celebrities across Africa.
- Fresh Videos- The Fresh Videos segment features the just-released music videos across the continent.
- Spit on it- Features celebrities and upcoming musicians as they put up their rapping gears and bars over the microphone.
- Event Report- This gets viewers updates from previous and current events, red carpets, concerts, nightlife and award shows.
- Now Showing- This broadcasts previews of blockbuster movies to hit theatres in Africa, the USA, and other countries across the world.
The African Hit airs on Viasat 1 every Monday at 4:30 pm and covers songs and entertainment from across the 54 countries in Africa. Segments include:
- Top 5- Celebrities from the worlds of music, movies, and sports unveil their own top five videos and then host the segment sharing their reasons for selecting the songs.
- Fresh Videos
- Event Report
- African Hit
Top 10 Naija, Top 10 Franco Vibes & Top 10 GH
The Top 10 Naija, Franco Vibes, and GH airs on GHone TV every Saturday at 4:30 pm, and is an epic Video Playlist program of top chart Videos that trended during the week in focus.
- Top 10 Naija is a Nigerian music video Top 10 countdown in which the viewers vote for their favorite music video to be included in the countdown
- Top 10 Franco Vibes is a French music video Top 10 countdown in which the viewers vote for their favorite music video to be included in the countdown
- Top 10 GH is a Ghanaian music video Top 10 countdown in which the viewers vote for their favorite music video to be included in the countdown
- Celebrity Interviews (French Version)
Currently, WatsUp TV is airing on the following channels:
- "BusinessGhana". Businessghana.com. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- Prince, Akpah. "News on TV3 Tops Television Programs on Social Media". modernghana.com. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Barcelona signs major sponsorship deal with Rakuten - 233 Live News". 233livenews.com. 17 November 2016. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- "WatsUp TV Ranks 2016 Most Influential TV Program On Social Media". Modernghana.com. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- Yeboah, Isaac. "Access Bank, MTN, Mensa Otabil is lead brands on Social Media - Graphic Online". Graphic.com.gh. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- Mawuli, David. "WAMVA 2016: Bisa Kdei, Shatta Wale, Sarkodie, Wizkid, Flavour, others nominated". Pulse.com.gh. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- "Tay Grin does it again for Malawi! - Malawi 24 - All the latest Malawi news". Malawi24.com. 29 December 2016. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- metrowebukmetro (9 March 2011). "Iya Traore wows crowds with amazing freestyle skills… up a lamppost". metro.co.uk. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "WatsUp TV (African Hits) starts airing in Ghana and other African countries from September, 7 - AmeyawDebrah.Com". ameyawdebrah.com. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- [dead link]
- Mediaguinee (22 July 2016). "Télévisions : Group Évasion et WatsUp TV se marient autour de la culture…". mediaguinee.org. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Afro Guinée Magazine : Premier site culturel et événementiel de Guinée – Watsup TV signe un partenariat avec Groupe Evasion". afroguinee.com. Retrieved 19 October 2016.