This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||3 ft (1 m)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (SLST)|
Wattala (Sinhalese: වත්තල) is a large suburb of Colombo city, in Western Province, Sri Lanka, situated around 9km from Colombo city centre. This suburb is situated on A3 highway from Colombo to Negombo. Around Wattala, there are many villages and towns.
People from all walks of life live in this area. The traditional fisher folk, large sections of the working class, many types of white collar workers, a fair number of professionals and even some richer folk live here. Churches, Buddhist temples, Hindu temples, mosques, schools of various grades and many private dispensaries are spread throughout the area. Though it is a majority Roman Catholic area, people of many faiths live here in peaceful coexistence. A sizable population also exists of minority Tamils and a smaller percentage of Muslims. There has been no record of any violence used by one faith group or racial group against another.
This area also produces many migrant workers. Almost all families produce one or more persons who go abroad for employment. The migrant workers also bring back income and therefore have an influence in creating new trends in the society.
Wattala has become a popular area for living and buying property and has recently become the 3rd most popular city for house searches, according to property website LankaPropertyWeb.com 
- St. Anthony's College, Wattala
- Karunarathna Buddhist college, Wattala
- Lyceum International School - Alwis Town Rd - Wattala
- St. Anne's Balika Maha Vidyalaya, Wattala
- St. Mary's Vidyalaya
- O.K.I. International School
- Vidyaloka Maha Vidyalaya
- Shri Sidhdhaartha Maha Vidyalaya
- Al Ashraff Maha Vidyalaya
- Zahira Maha Vidyalaya - Hunupitiya
- Arch Bishop's Boys College
- York International School
- Roman Catholic Primary School
- Good Shepherd Convent - Nayakakanda
- Vidyaloka Vidyalaya - Kerawalapitiya
- Nayakakanda Balika Primary School
- Rahula Kanishta Viduhala
- Atamie International School-Aweriwatte
- Shasthraloka Kanishta Viduhala
- Roman Catholic Tamil Vidyalayam
- Sri Rathnapala Maha Vidyalaya
- Chrishthuraja Vidyalaya
- Bandaranayake Maha Viduhala
- U.N.H. International School
- Paalam International School
- Salford International School
- Trust International School
- Hemas Hospitals
- Lions Sight First Hospital
- "A6 : Population by ethnicity and district according to Divisional Secretary's Division, 2012" (PDF). Census of Population & Housing, 2011. Department of Census & Statistics, Sri Lanka.
- "Why is Wattala so popular?". LankaPropertyWeb.com. 23 May 2017.