Wauconda Township, Lake County, Illinois
Location in Lake County
Lake County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Supervisor||Glenn L. Swanson|
|• Total||24.2 sq mi (62.8 km2)|
|• Land||22.9 sq mi (59.3 km2)|
|• Water||1.4 sq mi (3.5 km2)|
|Elevation||797 ft (243 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||22,514|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Wauconda Township covers an area of 24.2 square miles (62.8 km2); of this, 1.4 square miles (3.5 km2) or 5.59 percent is water. Lakes in this township include Bangs Lake and Slocum Lake. The stream of Mutton Creek runs through this township.
Cities and towns
- Port Barrington (southwest corner)
- Island Lake (east half)
- Lake Barrington (south edge)
- Lakemoor (north edge)
- Volo (north edge)
- Wauconda (southeast corner)
- Grant Township (north)
- Avon Township (northeast)
- Fremont Township (east)
- Ela Township (southeast)
- Cuba Township (south)
- Algonquin Township, McHenry County (southwest)
- Nunda Township, McHenry County (west)
- McHenry Township, McHenry County (northwest)
The township contains four cemeteries: Fisher Family, Saint Peters, Volo and Wauconda.
- U.S. Route 12
- Illinois State Route 59
- Illinois State Route 60
- Illinois State Route 120
- Illinois State Route 176
Airports and landing strips
- Oak Knoll Farm Airport
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Wauconda township, Lake County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.