Waukegan Community Unit School District 60
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 (also known as Waukegan Public Schools or District 60, WCUSD) is in Waukegan, Illinois, and serves Waukegan, Park City, and parts of Beach Park. Total enrollment is approximately 16,000 in kindergarten through grade twelve. District 60 also provides pre-school and alternative education services.
District 60 operates 15 elementary schools, 5 middle schools, a high school (divided between two buildings), a kindergarten center, 1 pre-kindergarten site, and an alternative education center.
Elementary (K-5 and 1-5)
- Carman-Buckner Elementary School
- John S. Clark Elementary School
- Clearview Elementary School
- Andrew Cooke Magnet School
- Glen Flora Elementary School
- Glenwood Elementary School
- Greenwood Elementary School
- Hyde Park Elementary School
- Little Fort Elementary School
- Lyon Magnet School
- H. R. McCall Elementary School
- North Elementary School
- Oakdale Elementary School
- Washington Elementary
- Whittier School
Middle Schools (6-8)
- Robert Abbott Middle School
- Jack Benny Middle School - named for comedian Jack Benny (1894-1974)
- Thomas Jefferson Middle School
- Miguel Juarez Middle School - formerly East Middle School
- Daniel Webster Middle School
High School (9-12)
- Alternative Optional Education Center
- EPIC Academy Preschool
- North Shore Preschool
- Shiloh Preschool
2014 Teachers Strike
On October 2nd, 2014. After months of negotiating between the WCUSD Teachers union and the School board, the teachers authorized a strike. At midnight October 2nd, the teachers were now on strike after failing to reach a deal. Schools were closed during the strike, which lasted one month; classes resumed on Monday, November 3.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Lake County, IL." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 23, 2016.
- "Office of Superintendent."
- Sanchez Olson, Yadira (November 3, 2014). "Lots of hugs on Waukegan students’ first day back at school". Lake County News-Sun. Sun-Times Media, LLC. Retrieved November 3, 2014.
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|