Waukegan Township, Lake County, Illinois
Location in Lake County
Lake County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Supervisor||Patricia Jones|
|• Total||21.4 sq mi (55.3 km2)|
|• Land||21.0 sq mi (54.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||89,834|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Waukegan Township covers an area of 21.4 square miles (55.3 km2); of this, 0.31 square miles (0.8 km2) or 1.41 percent is water. Lakes in this township include Dead Lake. Sunderland Creek and the Waukegan River run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Beach Park (north quarter)
- North Chicago (south quarter)
- Park City (west quarter)
- Waukegan (partial)
- Benton Township (north)
- Shields Township (south)
- Libertyville Township (southwest)
- Warren Township (west)
- Newport Township (northwest)
The township contains five cemeteries: Am Echod Jewish, North Shore Garden of Memories, Oakwood, Pahlman Family and Saint Marys.
Airports and landing strips
- Waukegan Regional Airport
- Saint Therese Medical Center Heliport
- Victory Memorial Hospital Off Heliport
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Waukegan township, Lake County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.