Wave Machines performing at Jodrell Bank Live on 2 July 2011
|Genres||Art rock, indietronica, indie pop|
|Labels||Neapolitan, Chess Club Records|
|Associated acts||Post War Years, Slow Club, The Flaming Lips, a.P.A.t.T.|
Wave Machines was an English art pop band formed in Liverpool in 2007. The band released singles "The Greatest Escape We Ever Made" and "I Go I Go I Go" on Chess Club Records before signing with Neapolitan Music Limited in 2008. Three further singles, "Keep The Lights On", a newly recorded version of "I Go I Go I Go" and "Punk Spirit" followed.
The group has performed a number of live sessions on BBC 6 Music on shows presented by Lauren Laverne, George Lamb and Marc Riley, as well as sessions on other stations for Huw Stephens, John Kennedy and Rob da Bank.
Wave Machines won the 9th annual Independent Music Awards Vox Pop vote for best Dance/Electronica song "Keep the Lights On". The video for "Keep The Lights On" was awarded best choreography at the 2011 UK Music Video Awards.
On 28 April 2012 the band revealed a taster from their forthcoming album Pollen called "Counting Birds" via their website.
On 22 October 2012, the first single from Pollen, "Ill Fit", was released and followed by the announcement that the album would be released on 21 January 2013. The album was recorded throughout 2011/12 at various locations starting at Sphere Studios in Battersea before relocating to Liverpool to continue at band's rehearsal room and eventually Whitewood studios. Pollen was co-produced by Lexxx. It was later mixed by Lexxx at Konk studios in Hornsey, North London.
- Current members
- Tim Bruzon - lead vocals, rithmic guitar, keyboards, synthesiser, programming (2007–present)
- Carl Bown - lead guitar, keyboards, synth, vocals (2007–present)
- James Walsh - bass, synthesiser, samples, programming, percussion, clarinet, vocals (2007–present)
- Vidar Norheim - drums, malletkat, vocals (2007–present)
- Wave If You're Really There (Neapolitan, 15 Jun 2009)
- Pollen (Neapolitan, 21 Jan 2013)
- "I Go I Go I Go" (Chess Club, 23 Jun 2008)
- "The Greatest Escape We Ever Made" (Chess Club, 27 Oct 2008)
- "Keep the Lights on" (Neapolitan, 27 April 2009)
- "I Go I Go I Go" (Neapolitan, 8 Jun 2009)
- "Punk Spirit" (Neapolitan, 7 Sep 2009)
- "Counting Birds" (Neapolitan, 23 April 2012)
- "Ill Fit" (Neapolitan, 10 October 2012)
- "No 343: Wave Machines". The Guardian. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Wave Machines - Ill Fitt". Umstrum.com. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Wave Machines – Pollen". Thelineofbestfit.com. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Men in masks with subtle pop suss". NME.com. 2009-06-11. Retrieved 2009-06-19.
- "Highlights of all the Marc Riley Show shenanigans". bbc.co.uk. 2008-07-08. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- "Shows: Live from Jodrell Bank". Retrieved 2011-07-10.
- "Artistry Has Its Awards". independentmusicawards.com. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wave Machines.|