From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wave velocity is a wave property, which may refer to:
- phase velocity, the velocity at which a wave phase propagates at a certain frequency
- pulse wave velocity, the velocity at which a pulse travels through a medium, usually applied to arteries as a measure of arterial stiffness
- group velocity, the propagation velocity for the envelope of wave groups and often of wave energy, different from the phase velocity for dispersive waves
- signal velocity, the velocity at which a wave carries information
- front velocity, the velocity at which the first rise of a pulse above zero moves forward
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Wave velocity.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.