Wavertree Technology Park railway station
|Wavertree Technology Park|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Wavertree Technology Park from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Wavertree Technology Park railway station is in the suburbs of Liverpool in the north west of England. The station, and all services calling there, are operated by Northern. The station opened on 13 August 2000, at a cost of £2 million.
The lines through the station have had overhead electrification installed, which began use from 5 March 2015, as part of the electrification of George Stephenson's Liverpool and Manchester Railway line, upon which the station is situated, and the branch off the line to Wigan. The station is also situated at the western end of Olive Mount cutting, and has the distinction of being the newest station on the oldest timetabled passenger railway line in the world.
- 1tph to Manchester Victoria
- 1tph to Warrington Bank Quay
- 1tph to Manchester Airport
- 2tph to Wigan North Western
- 5tph to Liverpool Lime Street
- "Railway Stations Opened". trundleage.co.uk. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Better rail services become a reality between Liverpool Lime Street and Manchester Airport station". Network Rail Media Centre. Network Rail. 5 March 2015. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- GB eNRT December 2015 Edition, Table 90 (Network Rail)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wavertree Technology Park railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Wavertree Technology Park railway station from National Rail
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Edge Hill||Northern Electrics
Manchester to Liverpool Line
|Liverpool Lime Street||Northern Electrics
Manchester Airport to Liverpool Line
|St Helens Junction|