Wavertree Technology Park railway station
|Wavertree Technology Park|
|Number of platforms||2|
Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Wavertree Technology Park from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Wavertree Technology Park railway station is in the suburbs of Liverpool, at the western end of Olive Mount cutting, on the original Liverpool-Manchester line. The station opened on 13 August 2000, at a cost of £2 million. Train services are operated by Northern.
Since 5 March 2015, trains through the station have used overhead wire electric traction, as part of the electrification of George Stephenson's original Liverpool and Manchester Railway and the branch line to Wigan. The station has the distinction of being the newest station on the oldest timetabled passenger railway line in the world.
The station has a ticket office (located on the bridge above the platforms) that is staffed throughout the hours of service, seven days per week (05:15 - midnight Monday to Saturday, 08:00 - 23:45 Sunday). Waiting shelters are provided at platform level on each side, with digital display screens, customer help points and an automated P.A system to provide train running information. Both platforms have lifts from the footbridge (which has ramped access from the main entrance and car park), so are fully accessible for mobility-impaired users.
There are four trains per hour in each direction (Mon-Sat) and all services are operated by Northern:
- 1tph to Warrington Bank Quay
- 1tph to Crewe via Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Airport
- 2tph to Wigan North Western
All call at all local stations en-route. At peak periods and early mornings/late evenings, a few trains run to Manchester Victoria and Blackpool North. On Sundays, there are three trains per hour that call - one to Manchester Airport and Wilmslow, one to Wigan and one to Preston & Blackpool. The fast services to the Airport and regular locals to Victoria both ended at the May 2018 timetable change.
- 4tph to Liverpool Lime Street (3tph on Sundays)
All of these call at Edge Hill on weekdays; on Sundays all run non-stop to Lime Street.
- "Railway Stations Opened". trundleage.co.uk. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Better rail services become a reality between Liverpool Lime Street and Manchester Airport station". Network Rail Media Centre. Network Rail. 5 March 2015. Archived from the original on 9 March 2015. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- Wavertree Technology Park station facilities National Rail Enquiries; Retrieved 11-01-2017
- Table 90 National Rail timetable, May 2018
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wavertree Technology Park railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Wavertree Technology Park railway station from National Rail
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Manchester to Liverpool Line
|Liverpool Lime Street||Northern
Manchester Airport to Liverpool Line
|St Helens Junction|