The Wayans family (//) is an American show business family including a number of directors, screenwriters, comedians and actors. Notable Wayans family members include Chaunté Wayans, Damon Wayans Sr., Kim Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Damon Wayans Jr., Keenen Ivory Wayans and Shawn Wayans. Notable works created by Wayans family members include Scary Movie (film series), The Wayans Bros., In Living Color, White Chicks, My Wife and Kids, and Little Man.
Howell Stouten Wayans, a supermarket manager and his wife Elvira Alethia (Green), a homemaker and social worker, resided in Chelsea, New York City when they had the first of their ten children. Howell was a devout Jehovah's Witness. They had ten children including:
- Dwayne Wayans (b. 1956)
- Keenen Ivory Wayans (b. 1958)
- Damon Wayans (b. 1960)
- Kim Wayans (b. 1961)
- Shawn Wayans (b. 1971)
- Marlon Wayans (b. 1972)
Dwayne Wayans (born July 20, 1956) is a writer and film score composer.
Keenen Ivory Wayans
Keenen Ivory Wayans Sr. (June 8, 1958) is an actor, comedian, director, and writer. He was married to Daphne Wayans from 2001 to 2006 and has five children; four daughters and one son.
Kim N. Wayans (October 16, 1961) is an actress in movies and television shows.
Damon Kyle Wayans Sr. (September 4, 1960) is a stand-up comedian, actor, writer and producer. He has four children including Damon Wayans Jr. (born 1982), an actor, comedian, and screenwriter.
Shawn Mathis Wayans (January 19, 1971) is an actor, comedian, writer and producer. He has three children; two daughters and one son.
Marlon Lamont Wayans (July 23, 1972) is an actor, comedian,writer, and producer. He has two children, one son and one daughter.
Elvira Wayans is a screenwriter. She has two children; one son and one daughter.
- Damien Wayans (born 1980), actor, screenwriter, television producer, and director
- Chaunté Wayans (born 1982), actress, comedian and editor
Diedre Wayans is a screenwriter and producer. She has seven children including Craig Wayans (born 1976), an actor, writer and television producer.
Film and television productions with the involvement of more than one member of the Wayans family include:
- Hollywood Shuffle (1987), a film co-written by Keenen and featuring Keenen, Damon and Kim
- I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (1988), a film by Keenen also featuring Damon, Kim, Shawn and Marlon
- In Living Color (1990–1994), a sketch comedy show created by Keenen and Damon also featuring Kim, Shawn and Marlon
- Mo' Money (1992), a film written by Damon and starring Damon and Marlon
- Blankman (1994), a superhero parody film starring and co-written by Damon, featuring cameos by Damon's children
- A Low Down Dirty Shame (1994), a film by Keenen starring Keenen, also featuring Kim
- Major Payne (1995), co-written by, co-produced by and starring Damon and featuring Damien Dante Wayans
- The Wayans Bros. (1995–1999), a situation comedy starring brothers Shawn and Marlon
- Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996), co-written by and starring Shawn and Marlon, produced by Keenen (who also appears in the film)
- Waynehead (1996–1997), a short-lived animated series created by Damon with Shawn, Marlon and Kim
- Scary Movie (2000–2013), a film franchise created by Keenen, Shawn, and Marlon; the first installment was the most profitable movie ever to be directed by an African American, until the release of Fantastic Four in 2005. The Wayans were only involved with the first two films, but are still credited for the subsequent movies.
- My Wife and Kids (2001–2005) with Damon Wayans, which included Kim, Damien, Craig, Damon Jr. and Elvira among its writers, and featured many family members in guest roles
- White Chicks (2004), a film directed by Keenen, co-written and co-produced by Keenen, Shawn and Marlon, and starring Shawn and Marlon
- Little Man (2006), a film directed by Keenen, written and co-produced by Keenen, Shawn and Marlon, and starring Shawn and Marlon
- Thugaboo (2006), animated children's TV specials
- The Underground (2006), a sketch comedy show created by and starring Damon, featuring Damon Wayans Jr., with music by Dwayne Wayans
- Dance Flick (2009), a film directed by Damien Dante Wayans, written by many members of the family, and starring Damon Wayans Jr. and other Wayans family members
- Second Generation Wayans (2013), a TV show co-produced by and co-starring Damien and Craig