This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Wayans family (//) is an American show business family including a number of directors, screenwriters, comedians and actors. Notable Wayans family members include Damon Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Damon Wayans Jr., Keenen Ivory Wayans and Shawn Wayans. Notable works created by Wayans family members include Scary Movie (film series), The Wayans Bros., In Living Color, White Chicks, My Wife and Kids, and Little Man (2006 film).
Howell Stouten Wayans, a supermarket manager and his wife Elvira Alethia (Green), a homemaker and social worker, resided in Harlem, New York City when they had the first of their ten children. Howell was a devout Jehovah's Witness. Their children include:
- Dwayne Wayans (b. 1956)
- Keenen Ivory Wayans (b. 1958)
- Damon Wayans (b. 1960)
- Kim Wayans (b. 1961)
- Elvira Wayans (b. 1964)
- Nadia Wayans
- Diedre Wayans
- Vonnie Wayans
- Shawn Wayans (b. 1971)
- Marlon Wayans (b. 1972)
Dwayne Wayans (born July 20, 1956) is a writer and film score composer.
Keenen Ivory Wayans
Keenen Ivory Wayans Sr. (June 8, 1958) is an actor, comedian, director, and writer. He was married to Daphne Wayans from 2001 to 2006 and has five children; four daughters and one son.
- Jolie Ivory Imani Wayans (born 1992)
- Nala Wayans (born 1996)
- Keenen Ivory Wayans Jr. (born 1998)
- Bella Wayans (born 2001)
- Daphne Ivory Wayans (born 2003)
Kim N. Wayans (October 16, 1961) is an actress. She is well known for her roles in many movies and television shows.
Damon Kyle Wayans Sr. (September 4, 1960) is an stand-up comedian, actor, writer and producer. He was married to Lisa Thorner from 1984 to 2000 and has four children; two sons and two daughters.
- Damon Wayans Jr. (born 1982), American actor, comedian, and screenwriter
- Michael Wayans (born 1985), American actor
- Cara Mia Wayans (born 1987), American actress
- Kyla Wayans (born 1990), American actress
Shawn Mathis Wayans (January 19, 1971) is an actor and writer. He has three children; two daughters and one son.
- Laila Wayans (born 1999)
- Illia Wayans (born 2003)
- Marlon Wayans II (born 2005) is named after his uncle, Marlon Wayans.
Marlon Lamont Wayans (July 23, 1972) is an actor and writer. He has two children, one son and one daughter.
- Amai Z. Wayans (born 2000)
- Shawn Howell Wayans (born 2002) is named after his uncle, Shawn Wayans.
Nadia Wayans is an actress.
Elvira Wayans is a screenwriter. She has two children; one son and one daughter.
- Damien Wayans (born 1980), American actor, screenwriter, television producer, and director
- Chaunté Wayans (born 1982), American actress, comedian and editor
Diedre Wayans is a screenwriter and producer. She has six children; four sons and two daughters.
- Craig Wayans (born 1976), American actor, writer and television producer
- Summer Wayans, American model and TV personality
- Gregg Wayans, American actor and comedian
- Jamel Wayans-Benson
- Justin Wayans-Benson
- Brandee Wayans-Benson
- Christopher Wayans-Benson
Vonnie Wayans is a screenwriter.
Film and television productions with the involvement of more than one member of the Wayans family include:
- Hollywood Shuffle (1987), a film co-written by Keenen and featuring Keenen, Damon and Kim
- I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (1988), a film by Keenen also featuring Damon, Kim, Shawn and Marlon
- In Living Color (1990–1994), a sketch comedy show created by Keenen and Damon also featuring Kim, Shawn and Marlon
- Mo' Money (1992), a film written by Damon and starring Damon and Marlon
- Blankman (1994), a superhero parody film starring and co-written by Damon, featuring cameos by Damon's children
- A Low Down Dirty Shame (1994), a film by Keenen starring Keenen, also featuring Kim
- Major Payne (1995), co-written by, co-produced by and starring Damon and featuring Damien Dante Wayans
- The Wayans Bros. (1995–1999), a situation comedy starring brothers Shawn and Marlon
- Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996), co-written by and starring Shawn and Marlon, produced by Keenen (who also appears in the film)
- Waynehead (1996–1997), a short-lived animated series created by Damon with Shawn, Marlon and Kim
- Scary Movie (2000–2013), a film franchise created by Keenen, Shawn, and Marlon; the first installment was the most profitable movie ever to be directed by an African American, until the release of Fantastic Four in 2005. The Wayans were only involved with the first two films, but are still credited for the subsequent movies.
- My Wife and Kids (2001–2005) with Damon Wayans, which included Kim, Damien, Craig, Damon Jr. and Elvira among its writers, and featured many family members in guest roles
- White Chicks (2004), a film directed by Keenen, co-written and co-produced by Keenen, Shawn and Marlon, and starring Shawn and Marlon
- Little Man (2006), a film directed by Keenen, written and co-produced by Keenen, Shawn and Marlon, and starring Shawn and Marlon
- Thugaboo (2006), animated children's TV specials
- The Underground (2006), a sketch comedy show created by and starring Damon, featuring Damon Wayans Jr., with music by Dwayne Wayans
- Dance Flick (2009), a film directed by Damien Dante Wayans, written by many members of the family, and starring Damon Wayans Jr. and other Wayans family members
- Second Generation Wayans (2013), a TV show co-produced by and co-starring Damien and Craig