|Date of birth||24 August 1961|
|Original team(s)||Dimboola (WFL)|
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||82 kg (181 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1983.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Beddison, a Dimboola recruit, played 10 games for Essendon, all in the 1983 VFL season. He took one of the best marks of the 1983 season, on debut, at the Sydney Cricket Ground. A forward, his 18 goals that year included a six-goal haul in a win over the Sydney Swans at Windy Hill in round 12. He didn't take part in Essendon's finals campaign, but was a member of their reserves premiership team, before returning to Dimboola after the grand final win.
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia Of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- "Wayne Beddison". AFL Tables.
- The Age, "There's still time if they're good enough", 7 March 2012, Peter Hanlon
- "Dons reserves cruise to grand final berth". The Canberra Times. 18 September 1983. p. 26. Retrieved 30 December 2013 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Beddison, Wayne". Essendon Football Club. Archived from the original on 24 April 2012.