This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
March 24, 1956|
Brooklyn, New York City, New York
|Occupation||Investigative Communications Consultant|
|Known for||KTRK-TV Chief Investigative Reporter (1985-2012)|
Wayne Dolcefino is president of Dolcefino Consulting, located in Houston, Texas.
He joined KTRK-TV in 1985. In more than three decades in radio and television broadcasting, Dolcefino won thirty Emmy Awards and three Medals from the Investigative Reporters and Editors Organization. Between 1985 and 2012, Dolcefino was the Chief Investigative Reporter for the Houston ABC owned-and-operated TV station. As head of the Undercover Unit that saved taxpayers' money, and exposed government corruption and charity fraud.
Dolcefino and his employer have been the target of and overcame a highly publicized lawsuit. A $5.5 million verdict for libel (Sylvester Turner v. KTRK Television 1996) was subsequently overturned by a court of appeals, and the appeal was later upheld by the Texas Supreme Court.
On November 21, 2012 KTRK-TV announced that Dolcefino left the station. In November 2012, he formed Dolcefino Consulting and since then has provided public and private consulting advice and investigative communication services.
- Wayne Dolcefino, Investigative Reporter (2008-09-17). "Grim task begins in Bolivar". KTRK-TV. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- "Bio info on Wayne Dolcefino, from the 'Meet The Team' web site of ABC TV channel 13 KTRK". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "Bio info on Wayne Dolcefino, from the ("Previous Speakers") web page of the (Houston) Assoc. of Certified Fraud Examiners". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- WALTER GOODMAN (June 30, 1997). "(newspaper article mentions a "Court TV" program that "focuses on a libel case brought by Sylvester Turner, a Houston politician, against the television station KTRK and Dolcefino")". NY Times. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- David McHam. ""Law & The Media in Texas: Handbook for Journalists" (the section -- headed "Sylvester Turner v. KTRK Television" -- about the case "Turner v. KTRK Television, Inc. and Wayne Dolcefino, 38 S.W.2d 103 (2000)")". Texas Press Association, Texas Daily Newspaper Association, and Texas Association of Broadcasters (archived version of 2005-11-11). Archived from the original on 2005-11-10.
- "Wayne Dolcefino leaves ABC-13". KTRK-TV. 2012-11-21. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- Mcguff, Mike (12 May 2013). "Wayne Dolcefino almost pulls off Katy ISD Board of Trustees defeat". mikemcguff.com.