Wayne Fenton (March 24, 1953 – September 3, 2006) was an American psychiatrist, well known for his academic contributions to the study of schizophrenia including key contributions to the classification of subtypes.
Dr Fenton obtained his medical qualification from George Washington University School of Medicine in 1979 and psychiatric qualification from Yale and was a staff member at Chestnut Lodge for more than 15 years.
He worked for the National Institute of Mental Health as researcher and academic, writing a chapter on therapy for schizophrenia in a leading psychiatry textbook and had a significant impact on his clinical profession.
- Wayne Fenton (1953-2006), Social Security Death Index
- Fenton WS, McGlashan TH (November 1991). "Natural history of schizophrenia subtypes. I. Longitudinal study of paranoid, hebephrenic, and undifferentiated schizophrenia". Arch. Gen. Psychiatry. 48 (11): 969–77. doi:10.1001/archpsyc.1991.01810350009002. PMID 1747020.
- Fenton WS, McGlashan TH (November 1991). "Natural history of schizophrenia subtypes. II. Positive and negative symptoms and long-term course". Arch. Gen. Psychiatry. 48 (11): 978–86. doi:10.1001/archpsyc.1991.01810350018003. PMID 1747021.
- Yvonne Shinhoster Lamb, "NIMH Administrator Wayne S. Fenton, 53", The Washington Post, September 5, 2006, Page B06
- "Patient vs. Doctor", Newsweek website, February 15, 2008
- "NIMH Administrator Wayne S. Fenton, 53". The Washington Post. September 5, 2006.
- McGlashan TH, Carpenter WT (September 2007). "Identifying Unmet Therapeutic Domains in Schizophrenia Patients: The Early Contributions of Wayne Fenton From Chestnut Lodge". Schizophr Bull. 33 (5): 1086–92. doi:10.1093/schbul/sbm082. PMC . PMID 17634414.
- Fenton, Wayne S. (2000). "Schizophrenia: individual psychotherapy". In Benjamin J. Sadock; Virginia A. Sadock. Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry (7th ed.). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. pp. 1217–1231. ISBN 9780683301281.
- Heinssen RK (September 2007). "Person-Centered Psychiatric Care: A Tribute to Wayne S. Fenton, MD". Schizophr Bull. 33 (5): 1149–50. doi:10.1093/schbul/sbm075. PMC . PMID 17615141.
- Breier A, Alphs L, Binneman B (September 2007). "Commentary: Wayne Fenton's Impact on Industry". Schizophr Bull. 33 (5): 1154–5. doi:10.1093/schbul/sbm068. PMC . PMID 17562696.
|This article about a United States psychiatrist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|