|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||July 2, 1981|
|Place of birth:||Honolulu, Hawaii|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||318 lb (144 kg)|
|High school:||Honolulu (HI) Radford|
|NFL draft:||2003 / Round: 3 / Pick: 73|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Wayne Hunter (born July 2, 1981) is an American football offensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the third round of the 2003 NFL Draft. He played college football at Hawaii after transferring from Berkeley.
Hunter attended Radford High School in Honolulu, Hawai'i.
Seattle Seahawks (2003–2005)
Hunter was drafted 73rd overall in 2003. He played three seasons with the Seahawks.
Jacksonville Jaguars (2006)
Hunter played one season with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2006.
New York Jets (2007–2012)
On March 23, 2010, Hunter signed a 1 year tender with the Jets worth about $1.2 million. Hunter came to an agreement on a four-year $15 million contract extension on July 26, 2011 with the team, replacing Damien Woody. During the 2011 season finale against the Miami Dolphins, Hunter was involved about an argument with Santonio Holmes while the team was huddling. Holmes was benched for the game after the argument and the Jets would eventually lose the game plus miss the postseason for the first time in 3 years.
St. Louis Rams (2012)
On March 6, 2013, Hunter was released.
- G. "Hunter's deal worth about $1.2M".
- "Jets Right Tackle Wayne Hunter Benched; Austin Howard To Replace Him As Starter". CBS News New York. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- Cimini, Rich; Chris Mortensen (27 August 2012). "Jets deal for RT Jason Smith". ESPN New York. Archived from the original on 27 August 2012. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- Sessler, Marc (July 1, 2015). "Buffalo Bills sign veteran OT Wayne Hunter". NFL.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- Alper, Josh. "Bills release Wayne Hunter". Retrieved 21 July 2015.