This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pygram at an Australia Day ceremony in Wagga Wagga
13 October 1959
Cootamundra, New South Wales, Australia
Wayne Pigram (born 13 October 1959), better known by his stage name Wayne Pygram, is an Australian actor, known for his role as Scorpius in the science fiction series Farscape (2000–2003) and the miniseries that followed, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (2004), he also appears in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, playing Grand Moff Tarkin, the character in which Peter Cushing had played 28 years beforehand, in A New Hope.
Pygram was born in Cootamundra, New South Wales and raised in Wagga Wagga, where, as a teen, he was a drummer in a dance group. He initially studied art at Riverina College of Advanced Education, but later changed majors to primary school education. While in college, he became a member of a theatre troupe known as the Riverina Trucking Company. Before acting in films and television, he was a regular on the Australian theatre circuit. In 2005, he made a brief cameo in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith as a young Grand Moff Tarkin, because of his striking resemblance to the late Peter Cushing, who had portrayed the same character 28 years previously in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
Pygram has also played the drums in numerous bands over the past 20 years, the most recent being a band named Signal Room (formerly called Number 96). Along with his Farscape co-star Anthony Simcoe, he teaches the drums at Kildare Catholic College, an Australian Catholic school based in Wagga Wagga.
- Warming Up (1985) - Wombat
- The First Kangaroos (1988) - Abie Rosenfeldt
- Farewell to the King (1989) - Bren Armstrong
- Return to the Blue Lagoon (1991) - Kearney
- Hammers Over the Anvil (1993) - Snarley Burns
- The Custodian (1993) - Det. Massey
- Doing Time for Patsy Cline (1997) - Geoff Spinks
- The Day of the Roses (1998, TV Mini-Series) - Sgt. Joe Beecroft
- Risk (2000) - Mick
- Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005) - Governor Tarkin
- Heatstroke (2008) - Mental Blanakoff
- The Last Resort (1988)
- Heroes II: The Return (1991) - Lt Bruno Reymond (Rimau member)
- The Girl From Tomorrow (1992) - Guard
- Fire (1995) - Senior Station Officer Quentin 'Spit' Jacobsen
- Roar (1997) - Goll
- Home and Away (2001-2008) - Ian Woodford / Ian Muir
- Farscape (2000–2003) - Scorpius / Harvey / Jack Crichton
- Heroes' Mountain (2002, TV Movie) - Col Langdon
- Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (2004) - Scorpius / Harvey
- Through My Eyes (2004) - Rice
- Lost (2006) - Isaac of Uluru
- Underbelly: The Golden Mile (2010) - Police Commissioner
- Nash, Kree (20 January 2011). "Riverina residents prepare for Australia Day". The Daily Advertiser. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Signal Room". Signal Room. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "Wayne Pigram – Drums & Percussion". Riverina Conservatorium of Music. Charles Sturt University. Retrieved 20 January 2011.