Wayne Township, Allen County, Indiana
Horney Robinson House, a historic site in the township
Location of Wayne Township in Allen County, Indiana
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||42.25 sq mi (109.43 km2)|
|• Land||42.13 sq mi (109.11 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.32 km2)|
|Elevation||774 ft (236 m)|
|• Density||2,464/sq mi (951.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||454027|
Wayne Township covers an area of 42.25 square miles (109.43 km2), of which 42.13 square miles (109.11 km2) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.32 km2), or 0.29%, is water.
Cities and towns
- Fort Wayne (southwest portion)
The township is adjacent to these Indiana townships:
- Aboite (west)
- Adams (east)
- Lafayette (southwest)
- Lake (northwest)
- Marion (southeast)
- Pleasant (south)
- St. Joseph (northeast)
- Washington (north)
The township contains three cemeteries: Lindenwood, Prairie Grove, and Saint Johns.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Wayne township, Allen County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.