Wayne Township, Clermont County, Ohio
|Wayne Township, Clermont County, Ohio|
State Route 727 in Edenton
Location of Wayne Township in Clermont County
|• Total||31.9 sq mi (82.5 km2)|
|• Land||31.5 sq mi (81.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||155/sq mi (59.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085874|
Wayne Township is one of the fourteen townships of Clermont County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 4,885 people living in the township, 4,493 of whom were in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northeast corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Harlan Township, Warren County - north
- Marion Township, Clinton County - northeast
- Perry Township, Brown County - east
- Jackson Township - south
- Stonelick Township - southwest
- Goshen Township - west
The village of Newtonsville is located in southwestern Wayne Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Wayne township, Clermont County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.