Wayne Township, Clinton County, Ohio
|Wayne Township, Clinton County, Ohio|
Location of Wayne Township in Clinton County
|• Total||31.6 sq mi (81.8 km2)|
|• Land||31.5 sq mi (81.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,086 ft (331 m)|
|• Density||23/sq mi (8.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085887|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Richland Township - north
- Concord Township, Fayette County - northeast
- Green Township, Fayette County - east
- Fairfield Township, Highland County - southeast
- Green Township - southwest
- Union Township - west corner
The entire township lies in the Virginia Military District and has an area of 20,200 acres (81.8 km2).
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Currently, the board is composed of Kevin Bean, Carl Hughes, and Steve Kenney.
- Clinton County Historical Society. Clinton County, Ohio, 1982. Wilmington, Ohio: The Society, 1982.
- Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 6th ed. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme, 2001. ISBN 0-89933-281-1
- Ohio. Secretary of State. The Ohio municipal and township roster, 2002-2003. Columbus, Ohio: The Secretary, 2003.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Wayne township, Clinton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Brown, Albert J. (1915). History of Clinton County, Ohio: Its People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 320.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.