Wayne Township, DuPage County, Illinois
Temple in Wayne Township
Location in DuPage County
DuPage County's location in Illinois
|Settled||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Land||35.42 sq mi (91.7 km2)|
|• Water||1.08 sq mi (2.8 km2) 2.96%|
|Elevation||758 ft (231 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||1,879.6/sq mi (725.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60103, 60120, 60174, 60184, 60185, 60188, 60190
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.5 square miles (95 km2), of which 35.42 square miles (91.7 km2) (or 97.04%) is land and 1.08 square miles (2.8 km2) (or 2.96%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Bartlett (partial)
- Carol Stream (west quarter)
- Hanover Park (partial)
- St. Charles (partial)
- Wayne (partial)
- West Chicago (partial)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Hanover Township, Cook County (north)
- Schaumburg Township, Cook County (northeast)
- Bloomingdale Township, DuPage County (east)
- Milton Township, DuPage County (southeast)
- Winfield Township, DuPage County (south)
- Geneva Township, Kane County (southwest)
- St. Charles Township, Kane County (west)
- Elgin Township, Kane County (northwest)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Illinois Pet, Ontarioville and Wayne Township.
Airports and landing strips
- DuPage County Airport
- Van Kampen Heliport
- Dupage County Airport (north quarter)
- Dupage County Forest Preserve - Pratt Wayne Woods Forest Preserve
- West Branch Reservoir Forest Preserve
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The Township government consists of a Board of Trustees (Supervisor and four Trustees) and two officers (Clerk and Assessor) all elected to four-year terms by the voters at-large.
Township roadways are under the jurisdiction of the Wayne Township Road District, a special taxing district separate from the Township. The Highway Commissioner serves as chief executive of the Road District and is elected to a four-year term by the voters at-large.
Township elections are held in April of the year immediately following a presidential election (2005, 2009, 2013, etc.). The current officers were elected in April 2009. They are:
|Supervisor||Randy Ramey||Carol Stream|
|Trustee||Dan Brinkman||Carol Stream|
|Trustee||Tom Feltes||West Chicago|
|Trustee||Jackie Haden||Hanover Park|
|Clerk||Brandi Fike Ramundo||West Chicago|
|Highway Commissioner||Martin McManamon||Bartlett|
- School District 46
- St Charles Community Unit School District 303
- Illinois's 6th congressional district
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 55
- State House District 56
- State Senate District 23
- State Senate District 28
- "Wayne Township, DuPage County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wayne Township, DuPage County, Illinois.|