Wayne Township, Owen County, Indiana
Location in Owen County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||22.14 sq mi (57.3 km2)|
|• Land||22.11 sq mi (57.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.14%|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
|• Density||77.1/sq mi (29.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||454038|
Wayne Township is one of thirteen townships in Owen County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,704 and it contained 813 housing units. The Township Trustee of Wayne Township is Kyle Hall.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 22.14 square miles (57.3 km2), of which 22.11 square miles (57.3 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.14%) is water. The White River defines the township's southern border.
Cities, towns, villages
- Silex at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Gosport, Little Mount and Little Mount.
- Spencer-Owen Community Schools
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 37
- "Wayne Township, Owen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- Owen County Tea Party
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 698.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.