Wayne Township, Wayne County, Indiana
The Wayne County Courthouse in Richmond
Location in Wayne County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||52.92 sq mi (137.1 km2)|
|• Land||52.2 sq mi (135 km2)|
|• Water||0.72 sq mi (1.9 km2) 1.36%|
|Elevation||938 ft (286 m)|
|• Density||789.5/sq mi (304.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||454042|
Wayne Township was organized in 1810.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 52.92 square miles (137.1 km2), of which 52.2 square miles (135 km2) (or 98.64%) is land and 0.72 square miles (1.9 km2) (or 1.36%) is water. The streams of Boro Brook, Bridge Brook, Chester Creek, Clear Creek, Evans Creek, Middle Fork East Fork Whitewater River, Mud Creek, Short Creek, Spring Run, Tree Brook and West Fork/East Fork of Whitewater River run through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains eight cemeteries: Earlham, Hoover Bulla, King, Lutherania, Ridge, Saint Andrews, State Line and Wernle.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Fox, Henry Clay (1912). Memoirs of Wayne County and the City of Richmond, Indiana: From the Earliest Historical Times Down to the Present. Western Historical Association. p. 88.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 12/14/15 through 12/18/15. National Park Service. 2015-12-24.
||Webster Township||New Garden Township
|Center Township||Jefferson Township, Preble County, Ohio|
|Boston Township||Jackson Township, Preble County, Ohio|