We're Talking Serious Money
|We're Talkin' Serious Money|
|Directed by||James Lemmo|
|Produced by||Lisa M. Hansen
Guy J. Louthan
|Written by||James Lemmo
We're Talkin' Serious Money (1991), also known as Serious Money, is an action-comedy film directed by James Lemmo. He also co-wrote the screenplay with Leo Rossi, who also stars in the movie. Cinematography by Jacques Haitkin. It also stars: Dennis Farina, Fran Drescher, John LaMotta, Peter Iacangelo. It was produced by: Lisa M. Hansen, Harold Welb, Paul Hertzberg, who makes a small cameo in the film, Catalaine Knell, Guy J. Louthan, co-star Leo Rossi, and Harold Welb. The movie was filmed in Los Angeles, California, and New York City, New York. It was released by Grey Matter Entertainment and CineTel Films in the United States.
It is a comedy about two misfit men, Sal (Dennis Farina) and his friend Charlie (Leo Rossi), who are cheated out of $10,000 that they had borrowed from a Mafia kingpin. They must flee from New York to Los Angeles, only to there get involved in a caper involving a video of Senators in compromising positions. Given a cool million for the video, they are then pursued by the mob and the FBI. This brings about a surprise ending to the film, as well as to their bungling adventures.
The movie was released on videocassette in 1992 by Columbia TriStar Home Video. The movie has never been released on DVD, and as of December 26, 2009, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has not yet announced any plans for a DVD release.
- Dennis Farina – Sal
- Leo Rossi – Charlie
- Fran Drescher – Valerie
- Cynthia Frost – Connie
- John LaMotta – Gino 'the Grocer'
- Peter Iacangelo – Frankie 'the Beast'
- Anthony Powers – Joey Eggs
- Lou Bonacki – Cop #1
- John Cade – Cop #2
- Catherine Paolone – Rosemarie
- Robert Castanzo – Michael
- John Josef Spencer – Rosemarie's Son
- Maria Cavaiani – Rosemarie's Daughter
- Len Pera – Goon Behind the Counter
- Donna Hardy – Old Lady (as Dona Hardy)
- James Lemmo - Director / Screenwriter
- Lisa Hansen – Producer
- Paul Hertzberg – Producer
- Catalaine Knell – Producer
- Guy J. Louthan – Producer
- Leo Rossi - Screenwriter / Producer
- Harold Welb – Producer
- Jacques Haitkin – Cinematographer
- Steve Nevius – Editor
- Susan Benjamin - Art Director
- Tom McKinley - Costume Designer