|Rui Paiva (CEO)|
Business Support System (BSS)
|Revenue||€61.5 million (2013)|
|€11.8 million (2013)|
Number of employees
WeDo Technologies (WeDo Consulting, S.A.) is a multinational software corporation headquartered in Lisbon, Portugal, that develops and delivers Enterprise Business Assurance software and services designed to support the revenue assurance and fraud management departments within an organization.
In June 2013, Gartner named WeDo Technologies as the world’s #1 provider of Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management solutions for telecom operators and #41 in the Top 50 of Business Support System (BSS), Operations Support System (OSS), and Service Delivery Platform (SDP) vendors globally based on market share. By 2010, WeDo Technologies had already been recognized as the world market leader in Revenue Assurance in the telecom industry according to Frost & Sullivan Stratecast.
The company has expanded the concept of revenue assurance beyond the telecom sector and into the retail, finance and energy industries, with customers in more than 180 companies from more than 80 countries.
WeDo Technologies is owned by the non-financial Portuguese group, Sonae Group, which has 61,000 employees in 18 countries. Along with telecommunications, the group is active in Retail, Real Estate, TMT, and the Wood industry, as well as other business areas.
In 2009, WeDo Technologies won the SMB COTEC-BPI innovation award, which annually selects the SMB demonstrating the most outstanding innovation at a national level. The winner was announced by Fernando Ulrich, Executive President of the Banco Português de Investimento, and the award was presented to Rui Paiva, CEO of WeDo Technologies by Cavaco Silva, President of Portugal.
In May 2012, WeDo Technologies announced the acquisition of US-based Connectiv Solutions, which provides network usage expenses management for telecommunications companies. The deal reinforced WeDo Technologies’ presence in the North America market and its geographical strategy.
By the end of 2012, WeDo Technologies had a team of almost 500 people of more than 20 nationalities and offices in 15 countries. Its worldwide annual revenue in 2013 totaled €61.5 million, representing a 12% revenue increase.
Software and Services
WeDo Technologies’ flagship software is RAID, an Enterprise Business Assurance software suite that offers an end-to-end Revenue Assurance, Fraud Management and Business Control Processes. RAID helps companies face new business challenges such as LTE, machine to machine communications, and mobile payments.
WeDo Technologies’ RAID integrates information from different platforms to a central database, applies business validation and comparison rules to detect errors and inconsistencies, produces and manages alarms, provides full-problem lifecycle management, and offers different kinds of KPI’s and reports.
RAID is composed by the following functional modules:
- Platform Integrity
- Usage Control
- Invoice Control
- Business Control
- Rating Validation
- Prepaid Balance Validation
- Fraud Management
- Measurable points of control by supporting a wide format set of data readers which allow the integration of almost any kind of data format from any kind of source
- Data loading, translation, enrichment, and controlling mechanisms
- Modeling tools that allow the creation of a dynamic data model to hold the loaded data for each point of control
- An extensive variety of validations and reconciliations that allow the set configuration of warnings for any inconsistencies.
- KPIs for the monitoring and control of Revenue Assurance activities an associate risk
- Reporting mechanisms and dash boarding tools and techniques
- Business workflows according to each business rule within the Case module
In 2013, WeDo Technologies released RAID 7.0, which included a complete Enterprise Business Assurance software suite that addressed other control functions and departments such as enterprise risk management, internal auditing, compliance, security and management control.
Bridging analytics from various departments, RAID 7.0 also provides the capability to visually link strategic objectives by mapping risk indicators to KPIs running on RAID available through its Balanced Scorecard Framework and Business Sensors.
Every year, WeDo Technologies’ customers and independent guests from the telecom industry gather for the Worldwide User Group. In its 8th edition in 2013, more than 230 delegates where present, including 62 companies from 45 countries.
WeDo Technologies is also a regular exhibitor and speaker at other major telecom and retail industry events such as Mobile World Congress, TM Forum Management World and National Retail Federation (NRF) conferences.
Partnerships and Certifications
WeDo Technologies is a Gold level member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork. This relationship has allowed both companies to develop a continuous collaborative innovation process that recently culminated in the Exadata optimized process for WeDo Technologies’ enterprise business assurance software, RAID.
WeDo Technologies’ Enterprise Business Assurance RAID 6.3 software, running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine, achieved a processing throughput of up to 1 billion call records per hour during loading enrichment and aggregation, reducing space requirements for storing detailed call data by 13-fold when compared with raw data, and by 8-fold when compared with Oracle standard compression.
WeDo Technologies has been working with IBM on a set of technical enablement plans in the telecom industry.
In June 2012, WeDo Technologies’ RAID received certification for compliance with the Business Process Framework (eTOM) and the Information Framework (SID) components of TM Forum’s Frameworx suite of standards.
WeDo Technologies has its world headquarters in Lisbon, Portugal, and two software houses located in Braga, Portugal, and in Washington, D.C., USA.
WeDo Technologies also has offices in Spain, France, Ireland, United Kingdom, Poland, Brazil, Mexico, Egypt, Malaysia, and Australia.
- "Company Overview". WeDo Technologies.
- "EuroProfile: WeDo Technologies". Light Reading. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "WeDo sees revenue and EBITDA growth in 2013". Telecoms.com. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "WeDo named tops in Revenue Assurance, Fraud Management". Billing World. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Market Share: Telecom Operations Management Systems (BSS, OSS and SDP), Worldwide, 2011-2012". Gartner. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Stratecast Puts WeDo at the Top of the RA Market". Billing World. Retrieved 5 July 2010.
- "Frost & Sullivan Stratecast, Revenue Assurance and Cost Management Global CSP Sector Assessment". Frost. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "WeDo Technologies Wins Innovation Award COTEC-BPI 2009" (PDF). Press Release. Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- "WeDo Acquires Connectiv Solutions". Light Reading. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "WeDo Technologies Launches RAID 7.0 to Combat Profit Pitfalls of Next Generation Telecoms". M2M Now. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- "M2M: A Look at the Opportunities and Challenges Ahead". M2M Now. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "WeDo Technologies Launches RAID 7.0 to Combat Profit Pitfalls". Vanilla Plus. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "WeDo Technologies RAID Product Information". TM Forum.
- "CEO of WeDo Technologies Gives Update at MWC13". Telco Professionals. Retrieved 4 March 2013.
- "WeDo Technologies: The Threat of Revenue Leakage is Increasing". Telco Professionals. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "WeDo Consulting Sistemas de Informação". Big Show.
- "Talking Enterprise Business Assurance with WeDo Technologies". Store SMedia. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- "Oracle Engineered Systems and WeDo Technologies". Oracle.
- "WeDo's Bruno Marques describes how the competitive advantage of Oracle Exadata lowers customer costs". Oracle Partner Network. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "WeDo Technologies Delivers a 4x Performance Boost for its Worldwide Enterprise Business Assurance Software Suite, Using an Engineered System". Oracle.