We Are the Giant
|We Are the Giant|
|Directed by||Greg Barker|
|Produced by||Greg Barker|
|Music by||Philip Sheppard|
|Edited by||Joshua Altman|
The film is scheduled for a limited theatrical run from October 30, 2014 in UK. A special screening and panel Q&A will also take place at London's BFI cinema on the October 30, 2014.
The film narrates the stories of ordinary individuals who are transformed by the critical moral and personal challenges they encounter when standing up for what they believe is right.
We Are the Giant received positive reviews from critics. Dennis Harvey of Variety, said in his review that "Despite its harrowing on-the-ground footage, Greg Barker's Arab Spring documentary risks pretentiousness." Boyd van Hoeij in his review for The Hollywood Reporter praised the film by writing that "A slickly assembled and insightful documentary that looks at three individual stories from the Arab Spring." Robert Cameron Fowler of Indiewire grade the film A by writing that ""We Are the Giant” is both vital and devastating, with raw material conveyed through elegant construction. Barker asks the hard questions, issuing the frightening possibly of necessary violence when pacifism yields no results." Brent Simon in his review for Paste Magazine said that "The clarion call of a grander moral calling anchors the documentary We Are the Giant, and in large part saves it from its own overstuffed passion."
- "Sundance '14: Profiling the activist 'giants' of the Arab Spring". Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Sundance: 'We Are the Giant' examines personal stories of the Arab Spring'". Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Sundance 2014: Documentary Premieres". Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "We Are the Giant - Director Greg Barker". Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Sundance Film Review: 'We Are the Giant'". Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "We Are the Giant: Sundance Review". Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Sundance Review: Arab Spring Doc 'We Are the Giant' Is A Devastating Marvel". Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "We Are the Giant (2014 Sundance capsule)". Retrieved May 7, 2014.