We Are the Heroes
|"We Are the Heroes"|
|Single by Litesound|
|Released||18 March 2012|
|Writer(s)||Dmitriy Karyakin, Vladimir Karyakin|
The song was performed for the first time by Litesound on 21 December 2011, during the semi-final of the Eurofest 2012, the national selection for the Belarusian entry to the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. During the final of the show, Litesound came in second place behind Alyona Lanskaya, but they were later chosen to replace Lanskaya following an investigation about a fraud in the televote.
During an interview, Dmitriy Karyakin explained that the song "says that if we all believe in and go to our goal, then we will achieve it, despite all the difficulties. Only faith can help us. And if we are all together, it will also save us."
The song was performed in the second semi-final finishing 16th of 18 entrants and failed to reach the Eurovision grand final.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Semi-Finals". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Victor Hondal (18 December 2011). "Belarus: EuroFest final to be held on January 28th". ESCToday.com. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "Alyona Lanskaya to represent Belarus". Eurovision.tv. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "Alena Lanskaya will not be going to Baku - Litesound to represent Belarus instead | Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku". EuroVisionary. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Victor Hondal (18 March 2012). "Belarus: Eurovision version for We are the heroes out". ESCToday.com. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "Belteleradiocompany continues preparations for the Eurovision-2012". Radio Station Belarus. 13 April 2012. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Belarus's Eurovision-2012 entry: Why not Azerbaijan as favorite?". Ann.az. 7 April 2012. Retrieved 20 May 2012.