We Bring an Arsenal
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"We Bring an Arsenal"|
|Single by Lostprophets|
|from the album Weapons|
|Released||4 June 2012|
|Length||3:26 (album version)|
|Songwriter(s)||Mike Chiplin, Lee Gaze, Mike Lewis, Jamie Oliver, Stuart Richardson, Ian Watkins|
|Lostprophets singles chronology|
"We Bring an Arsenal" was supposed to be the second single from Weapons, the fifth studio album by Welsh alternative rock band Lostprophets, planned to be released 4 June 2012. It has been released to rock radio since this date in the United States, but the single has yet to be officially released in the UK as of 5 June 2012, but will unlikely happen due to Ian Watkins's imprisonment in 2013. It was first played live on 25 February 2012 at Brisbane, Australia.
|“||We Bring An Arsenal is about us as a band, our gang mentality. We’ve always had that, even
before we formed Lostprophets. When we were just mates growing up,we had that us vs. them,
underdog mentality. That song is about that – whatever you throw at us we’ll come back with more.
The video for "We Bring an Arsenal" was released on 21 May 2012.
The video features the band leading a group of what looks like a riot through a city, just like guitarist Mike Lewis has described "us vs. them, underdog mentality". With the band members singing along to the song, while leading through. It is the first to feature skaters since "Rooftops", in 2006. Just like the previous video, "Bring 'Em Down", it does not show the band performing in the video.
The video was shot on 3 May 2012, in London. Lostprophets also offered fans to be in the video.
|UK Rock Chart||9|
- Ian Watkins – lead vocals
- Jamie Oliver – piano, keyboard, samples, vocals
- Lee Gaze – lead guitar
- Mike Lewis – rhythm guitar
- Stuart Richardson – bass guitar
- Luke Johnson – drums, percussion
- ""We Bring an Arsenal" announced as second single from Weapons". Purple Revolver. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- "Forthcoming UK singles". Radio1 .gr. Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- "Lostprophets Brisbane Soundwave 2012 set list". Set list.fm. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- ""We Bring an Arsenal" video". Epic Records. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- "Lostprophets asks fans to be in their video". Facebook. Retrieved 2 May 2012.