We Close Our Eyes
|"We Close Our Eyes"|
|Single by Go West|
|from the album Go West|
|Format||7", 12", CD single|
|Genre||Pop rock, synthpop|
|Go West singles chronology|
"We Close Our Eyes" is a song by British pop band Go West, composed by both members Peter Cox and Richard Drummie. Recognizable by its synthesizer hook, it was the first single from their début album Go West.
In April 1985, the single was discussed by Molly Meldrum and Queen singer Freddie Mercury on the Australian music show Countdown. Mercury was impressed and predicted the band would be "very, very big".
"We Close Our Eyes" spent fourteen weeks on the UK Singles Chart, peaking at number 5 in April 1985. In the United States, the single reached 41 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 5 on the Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart.
A remix of the song was released in 1993 to promote the Aces and Kings retrospective.
The song was used in the 1985 Italian horror movie Dèmoni.
In live versions of the song, the guitar break in the "Overhang Mixes" is often included.
In 2005 a remix was made of the song by Groove Cutters.
In 2010, British alternative metal band Forever Never included a cover of the song on their I Can't Believe It's Not Metal EP.
|Australia (Kent Music Report)||8|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||14|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||14|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||22|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||4|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||19|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||5|
- Billboard.com - Artist Chart History
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, NSW: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- Cite error: The named reference
Leschartswas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Go West – We Close Our Eyes". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "Ireland singles charts". Irishcharts.ie. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- "I singoli più venduti del 1985". HitParadeItalia (in Italian). Creative Commons. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
10. We Close Our Eyes - Go West [#9]
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Go West search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Charts.org.nz – Go West – We Close Our Eyes". Top 40 Singles. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- "Swisscharts.com – Go West – We Close Our Eyes". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Go West: Artist Chart History" Official Charts Company.
|This 1980s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|