We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes
|We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes|
|Studio album by Death Cab for Cutie|
|Released||March 21, 2000|
|Recorded||1999 at The Hall of Justice|
|Death Cab for Cutie chronology|
|The A.V. Club||(favorable)|
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
|Tiny Mix Tapes|||
In 2011, guitarist Chris Walla reflected upon the album stating: "That second record, especially, for years and years has been my favorite ... As I try to figure out what it is about that record that I react to so strongly – we started recording it like twelve years ago – dissecting all those elements and trying to reverse-engineer what happened, I’ve learned so much about what I value about songwriting and about performances."
We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes was ranked the 14th Greatest Indie Rock album of all time by Amazon.com.
|1.||"Title Track"||Ben Gibbard||3:29|
|2.||"The Employment Pages"||Gibbard||4:04|
|3.||"For What Reason"||Gibbard||2:52|
|4.||"Lowell, MA"||Gibbard, Chris Walla||3:28|
|6.||"Little Fury Bugs"||Gibbard||3:48|
|7.||"Company Calls"||Gibbard, Nick Harmer, Walla||3:19|
|8.||"Company Calls Epilogue"||Gibbard||5:16|
|9.||"No Joy in Mudville"||Gibbard, Harmer, Walla||6:03|
In 2002, Barsuk Records released You Can Play These Songs with Chords + 10, a re-release of Death Cab for Cutie's debut EP, You Can Play These Songs with Chords from 1997, featuring ten extra songs. This re-release contains a version of the track "Song for Kelly Huckaby" which Chris Walla notes was originally intended for We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes. Another version of "Song for Kelly Huckaby", an acoustic version of "405", and an alternate version of "Company Calls Epilogue" appear on The Forbidden Love EP, released in late 2000.
The song "405" is often incorrectly associated with California's I-405, but it is actually referring to I-405 in Seattle, Washington. The band is from Bellingham and the lyrics describe the songwriter's drive south to Seattle to visit a girlfriend.
- Death Cab for Cutie
- Ben Gibbard – vocals, electric and acoustic guitars, drums, percussion, Casiotone, organ
- Nathan Good – drums on "The Employment Pages" and "Company Calls Epilogue"
- Nick Harmer – bass guitar
- Chris Walla – guitar, electric piano, backing vocals, percussion, glockenspiel, samples, production, mixing
- Additional personnel
- Rabid, Jack. "Review of We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes". AllMusic. All Media Guide. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- Thompson, Stephen (21 March 2000). "Death Cab For Cutie: We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes". The AV Club. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- Album reviews at CD Universe
- DiCrescenzo, Brent (31 March 2000). "Death Cab for Cutie: We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes". Pitchfork. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- Lichtenstein, Steve (20 March 2000). "Death Cab for Cutie: We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes". PopMatters. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- Rolling Stone Album Guide
- Fisher, Tyler (27 August 2006). "Death Cab for Cutie: We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Death Cab for Cutie: We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes". Tiny Mix Tapes. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- DougWallen. "Death Cab For Cutie – interview – Interviews". Thevine.com.au. Retrieved July 7, 2011.
- "MP3 Downloads: 100 Greatest Indie Rock Albums of All Time". Amazon.com. Retrieved July 7, 2011.
- "An Early Heartbreak Song". iTunes Originals - Death Cab for Cutie (Digital download). Atlantic Records. 12 October 2005.