We Joined the Navy
|We Joined the Navy|
|Directed by||Wendy Toye|
|Produced by||Daniel Angel|
|Music by||Ron Grainer|
Dial [Angel Productions]
Associated British Picture Corporation
|Distributed by||Warner-Pathé Distributors|
|29 November 1962 (London premiere)|
We Joined the Navy is a 1962 British comedy film produced by Daniel M. Angel and directed by Wendy Toye which stars Kenneth More, Lloyd Nolan, Joan O'Brien, Derek Fowlds, Graham Crowden, Esma Cannon and John Le Mesurier. It was based on the novel of the same name by John Winton.
- Kenneth More as Lieutenant Commander Robert Badger
- Lloyd Nolan as Vice Admiral Ryan
- Joan O'Brien as Lieutenant Carol Blair
- Mischa Auer as Colonel & President
- Jeremy Lloyd as Dewberry Jr.
- Dinsdale Landen as Bowles
- Derek Fowlds as Carson
- Denise Warren as Collette
- John Le Mesurier as George Dewberry Sr.
- Lally Bowers as Mrs. Cynthia Dewberry, his wife
- Laurence Naismith as Admiral Blake
- Andrew Cruickshank as Admiral Filmer
- Walter Fitzgerald as Admiral Thomas
- John Phillips as Rear Admiral
- Ronald Leigh-Hunt as Commander Royal Navy
- Arthur Lovegrove as Chief Petty Officer Froud
- Brian Wilde as Petty Officer Gilors
- David Warner as Sailor Painting Ship
- John Barrard as Consul
A Region 2 DVD of We Joined the Navy was released by Network on 16 February 2015. The disc features a 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer.
- Kenneth More, More or Less, London: Hodder & Stoughton, 1978, p.188
|This article related to a British film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film article about a 1960s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|