We Love Disney (2015 album)
|We Love Disney|
|Compilation album by|
|Released||October 30, 2015|
|Recorded||Fall 2014-August 2015|
|Studio||Verve Studios, Santa Monica|
Capitol Studios, Hollywood
Air Studios, London
Sunset Sound, Hollywood
Carrington House Studios, Burbank
Henson Studios, Los Angeles
The Village Studios, Los Angeles
The Grip Studio, Nashville
Red Bull Studios, London
|We Love Disney series chronology|
We Love Disney is a 2015 compilation album and third entry in the eponymous series, featuring cover versions of Disney songs by English-speaking musicians from various genres. It was released by Verve Records and Walt Disney Records in the United States on October 30, 2015. Two editions of the album were released: a single-disc standard edition, and a digipak deluxe edition, containing two bonus tracks.
|1.||"Friend Like Me" (from Aladdin)||Ne-Yo||3:02|
|2.||"Part of Your World" (from The Little Mermaid)||Jessie J||3:20|
|3.||"Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nants Ingonyama" (from The Lion King)||Jason Derulo||3:49|
|4.||"Rainbow Connection" (from The Muppet Movie)||Gwen Stefani||3:24|
|5.||"Zero to Hero" (from Hercules)||Ariana Grande||2:39|
|6.||"In a World of My Own / Very Good Advice" (from Alice in Wonderland)||Jhené Aiko||4:55|
|7.||"I Wan'na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)" (from The Jungle Book)||Fall Out Boy||3:19|
|8.||"Colors of the Wind" (from Pocahontas)||Tori Kelly||4:06|
|9.||"A Spoonful of Sugar" (from Mary Poppins)||Kacey Musgraves||3:38|
|10.||"Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat" (from The Aristocats)||Charles Perry||3:08|
|11.||"A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" (from Cinderella)||Jessie Ware||3:54|
|12.||"Let It Go" (from Frozen)||Rascal Flatts & Lucy Hale||4:07|
|13.||"It's a Small World"||Ne-Yo, Jessie J, Derulo, Stefani, Grande, Aiko, Fall Out Boy, Kelly, Musgraves, Perry, Ware, Rascal Flatts & Hale||3:03|
|14.||"It's Not Easy Being Green" (from The Muppet Show)||Brenna Whitaker||3:55|
|15.||"A Whole New World" (from Aladdin)||Yuna||2:33|
|Japan Bonus Tracks|
|16.||"Colors of the Wind" (from Pocahontas)||Sarah Àlainn||4:06|
After a successful run with localized versions in France, Australia and Germany (titled "I Love Disney" for the latter), David Foster decided to produce a new compilation album for the United States market. During development, Foster created a wish list of American music artists for the album. Foster often choose the song he felt fit the artist's style and vocal abilities, although several artists, such as Ariana Grande, Jason Derulo, and Kacey Musgraves began with different songs before ultimately settling on their eventual selections. Lucy Hale was suggested at Disney's behest, as Hale also appears on the company's Hollywood Records roster.
We Love Disney is a co-production between Verve Records and Walt Disney Records, with Universal Music Group providing worldwide distribution and marketing from Disney Music Group, alongside Universal.
The album's release date was announced on August 14, 2015 at Disney's D23 Expo, where Ne-Yo performed "Friend Like Me" as part of the company's tribute to Robin Williams, who performed the original song in the film. A music video for Ne-Yo's cover was released on October 1, 2015. Later that year, Derulo, Grande, Kelly, Perry, and Aiko performed their selections from their album at the 2015 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade.
|United States||October 30, 2015|
We Love Disney debuted at No. 8 on the US Billboard 200 chart with 31,000 album-equivalent units; it sold 26,000 copies in its first week, with the remainder of its unit total reflecting the album's streaming activity and track sales.
|Australian Albums (ARIA)||54|
|Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria)||58|
|Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders)||44|
|Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia)||74|
|French Albums (SNEP)||118|
|Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade)||13|
|US Billboard 200||8|
- Vaughn, Shamontiel (8 July 2015). "We Love Disney album will release in October". Orlando Sun Times. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Verve Records & Walt Disney Records Announce Tracklisting For Compilation Album We Love Disney, Due October 30th" (Press release). PR Newswire. Burbank, California. August 14, 2015. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- Lee, Ashley (November 1, 2015). "Ariana Grande, Fall Out Boy, Kacey Musgraves Cover Disney Hits for New Album". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- Atkinson, Katie (October 30, 2015). "David Foster on 'We Love Disney,' Making Carla Bruni a Global Pop Star & If Ariana Is His New Celine". Rolling Stone. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- Willman, Chris (November 20, 2015). "Disney Music Group President Ken Bunt on the 'Star Wars' Soundtrack and Harnessing the Force for the House of Mouse". Billboard. Retrieved November 23, 2015.
- Vain, Madison (October 1, 2015). "Ne-Yo's 'Friend Like Me' music video is an Aladdin throwback". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- Hassan, Adeel (October 30, 2015). "Your Friday Briefing: Syria, China, Breast Cancer". The New York Times. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "Various Artists - We Love Disney: Music". Amazon.com. ASIN B014HDTXYY. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- Caulfield, Keith (November 8, 2015). "Chris Stapleton Soars to No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart After CMAs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- Ryan, Gavin (November 14, 2015). "ARIA Albums: Elvis Presley Has the No 1 Album in Australia Again". Noise11. Retrieved November 14, 2015.
- [2015&cat=a "Austriancharts.at – – We Love Disney "] (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved January 7, 2016.
- [2015&cat=a "Ultratop.be – – We Love Disney "] (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- [2015&cat=a "Ultratop.be – – We Love Disney "] (in French). Hung Medien. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- [2015&cat=a "Lescharts.com – – We Love Disney "]. Hung Medien. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- [2015&cat=a "Swisscharts.com – – We Love Disney "]. Hung Medien. Retrieved July 7, 2016.