We Ride (I See the Future)
|"We Ride (I See the Future)"|
|Single by Mary J. Blige|
|from the album Reflections (A Retrospective)|
|Released||November 5, 2006|
|Format||Digital download, CD single|
|Songwriter(s)||Johnta Austin, Mary J. Blige, Bryan-Michael Cox, Kendrick Dean|
|Producer(s)||Bryan Michael Cox, Jon Jon Traxx|
|Mary J. Blige singles chronology|
"We Ride (I See the Future)" is a song by American recording artist Mary J. Blige. Recorded for her greatest hits album, Reflections (A Retrospective) (2006), it was released to US radio in the first week of November. Upon its release, it became a top ten hit in Italy and reached the top 20 on the US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
"We Ride" was produced by Bryan Michael Cox and Jon Jon Traxx, written by Cox and Johnta Austin. The premise of the song is a celebration of her newfound happiness with husband and manager, Kendu Isaacs. The song contains the lyrics "from the day to the night we ride, I see the future, baby, you and I, better with time" and Cox stated "Mary's married, she's happy, in the best shape of her life, her voice is in the best shape of her life... people thought she was over, done, then she came through with The Breakthrough - "We Ride" celebrates all of that."
The music video for "We Ride" was shot in New York City in early November and directed by Erik White. and Costume Designed by June Ambrose, premiered on December 9, 2006 on MTV. The video opens up similar to the "Be Without You" music video, except it overlooks Los Angeles. Blige is singing in black with a black background then goes to her riding a blue bike. Another bike which is red and black appears which is Kendu. The two ride to the beach. From there it switches from Blige singing in a fur vest to Blige singing in a white dress in front of an orchestra, both on rocks on the beach, to the end of the video.
|Germany (Official German Charts)||69|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||20|
- Cohen, Jonathan. Article confirming release of Reflections. Billboard. Published 01 November, 2006.
- Reid, Shaheem. Article and interview with Bryan Michael Cox confirming new material. MTV. Published 02 November, 2006.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Mary J Blige – We Ride (I See the Future)". GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved October 28, 2018.
- "Italiancharts.com – Mary J Blige – We Ride (I See the Future)". Top Digital Download. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Mary J. Blige Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
|This 2000s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|