We Stand On Guard
|We Stand on Guard|
Cover art for We Stand On Guard #1 (July 2015)
|Publication date||July–December 2015|
|No. of issues||6|
Brian K. Vaughan|
|Written by||Brian K. Vaughan|
We Stand On Guard is a science fiction comics series written by Brian K. Vaughan, with art by Steve Skroce and colouring by Matt Hollingsworth. The first issue, a large 44 page book, was published by Image Comics in July 2015.
The series is set in Canada in the year 2112, in a time when it has been invaded by its neighbour the United States of America. The story centres on a band of resistance fighters in the seemingly vanquished Canada, and their exploits involving skirmishes with the American army and its vast supply of mechanised weapons, including giant robots.
We Stand On Guard consists of six issues and is a creator-owned work.
CBC News reviewer Eli Glasner's positive review said the work was more "direct and visually explosive" than any prior comic book treatment of Canada-U.S. relations. Paste called it "intriguing, emotional and engaging enough to stand alone as a story". The collected edition earned a spot on The New York Times hardcover graphic books bestseller list.
- William Kulesa, "Comic Box: Vaughn's 'We Stand on Guard' big issue with huge impact", The Jersey Journal, July 22, 2015.
- "We Stand On Guard". Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- Eli Glasner, "We Stand On Guard comic offers explosive look at Canada-U.S. relations", CBC News, July 4, 2015.
- Brian Truitt, "It's us vs. Canada in 'We Stand on Guard'", USA Today, April 21, 2015.
- Tyler R. Kane, "We Stand On Guard #1 by Brian K. Vaughan & Steve Skroce Review", Paste, July 1, 2015.
- "Hardcover Graphic Books", The New York Times, June 5, 2016.
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|