We Were in Love
|"We Were in Love"|
|Single by Toby Keith|
|from the album Dream Walkin'|
|B-side||"Double Wide Paradise"|
|Released||June 9, 1997|
|Format||CD single, 7"|
|Label||Mercury Nashville 574636|
|Toby Keith singles chronology|
"We Were in Love" is a song written by Chuck Cannon and Allen Shamblin, and performed by American country music artist Toby Keith. It was released in June 1997 as the first single from his album Dream Walkin'. It peaked at number 2 in both the United States and Canada. The song was originally intended for country artist Faith Hill (who placed it on hold for a short period while recording her 1998 album, Faith), as reported by Keith on After MidNite with Blair Garner.
The narrator wishes that he could build a time machine, and go back to when he and his lover were 17, and when they were in love.
This was Toby Keith's first music video to be directed by Michael Salomon.
"We Were in Love" debuted at number 61 on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart for the week of June 14, 1997.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||16|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||51|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||24|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 186.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3325." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 15, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Billboard Chart Search: Artist=Toby Keith / Title=Were / Chart=Bubbling Under Hot 100". Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- "Toby Keith – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Toby Keith.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1997". RPM. December 15, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Best of 1997: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|