We as Human
We as Human
|Genres||Christian rock, alternative metal, hard rock|
|Associated acts||As We Ascend|
We as Human was a Christian rock band from Sandpoint, Idaho formed in 2006. They were discovered by John Cooper, lead singer of the band Skillet, in 2010 who introduced them to Atlantic Records, their current label. They moved to Nashville, Tennessee in September 2011, where they resided until they disbanded. They have played shows with big names such as Avenged Sevenfold, Skillet, Korn, Alter Bridge, Papa Roach, and Shinedown. Their music has been accepted in both the Christian and mainstream rock markets.
As of 2016, former members Justin Forshaw and Jake Jones, with the help of music producer Robert Venable, formed a new band under the name As We Ascend, and with the help of a PledgeMusic campaign, released their debut album, Farewell to Midnight, on March 17, 2017.
The band released their first album independently on September 20, 2006 entitled Until We're Dead. Next, the band released an independent EP called Burning Satellites EP. Then, they released their first major label debut EP in 2011 on Atlantic Records, which was called We as Human EP, and this charted at No. 35 on the Billboard Top Christian Albums chart and No. 27 on the Heatseekers Albums chart. The band signed to Atlantic Records, and then released their debut major record label album, We As Human, on June 25, 2013. It debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard Christian Albums chart and No. 8 on the Billboard Hard Rock charts. The song "Strike Back" was nominated for 2013 Best Rock Song of the Year Dove award as well as peaking at No. 20 on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. The band charted their first No. 1 single in May 2014 with their song "Take the Bullets Away".[better source needed] The band quietly broke up in 2016 due to lead singer Justin Cordle's extramarital affair. In February 2016 on "Ruined Radio", a podcast by former members Justin Forshaw and Jake Jones, it was said that they, along with former drummer Brooks Holt (who later decided not to join), were continuing their career through a different name as Justin Cordle owns the rights to We as Human. Forshaw and Jones recently started a new band called As We Ascend.
- Justin Cordle - vocals
- Adam Osborne - drums
- Dave Draggoo - bass, background vocals
- Jake Jones - rhythm guitar, background vocals
- Justin Forshaw - lead guitar
- Brooks Holt - drums
- Until We're Dead (2006)
- We as Human (2013)
|2013||GMA Dove Awards||"Strike Back"||Rock Song of the Year (Category 11)||Nominated|
|2014||GMA Dove Awards||"Zombie"||Rock Song of the Year (Category 11)||Nominated|
|2015||GMA Dove Awards||"Dead Man"||Rock Song of the Year (Category 11)||Nominated|
|Year||Tour||Headline artists||Support artists||No. of dates|
|2014||The Roadshow Tour||Skillet||We as Human, Third Day, Andy Mineo, Royal Tailor, Jamie Grace||22|
|2014||Skillet/Third Day||Skillet, Third Day||We as Human, Peter Furler, Mandisa, Brandon Heath, Jeremy Camp||17|
|2014||Summer Shed Tour||TobyMac, Skillet||Lecrae, Capital Kings, Tedashii, We as Human||7|
|2014||Hard Drive Live Tour||Black Stone Cherry||We as Human, Kyng, Fifth Freedom||16|
- "We as Human - Music Biography, Credits, and Discography". AllMusic. 2006. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- New Release Tuesday (April 22, 2013). "We As Human Artist Profile". New Release Tuesday. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Jesus Freak Hideout. "We As Human Discography, We As Human Artist Database, We As Human Lyrics". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Brehm, Sarah (June 4, 2013). "We As Human – We As Human". HM. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- New Release Tuesday (June 14, 2013). "We As Human by We As Human". New Release Tuesday. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- "Justin Cordle of We As Human". hardrockhaven.net. Retrieved May 16, 2014.
- "Rock On The Range 2014 // May 16, 17 & 18 // Columbus, OH". Rockontherange.com. Retrieved May 16, 2014.
- "TobyMac, Skillet and LeCrae Join Forces to Thrill Crowds on Summer Shed Tour - Skillet Official Blog". Skillet.com. Retrieved May 16, 2014.
- "AFTERSHOCK 2013". Aftershockconcert.com. Retrieved May 16, 2014.
- "As We Ascend: Be Our Label". PledgeMusic. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- "We as Human's Justin Cordle Talks Debut Album, Touring + More". Loudwire.com. December 31, 2013. Retrieved May 16, 2014.
- "Christian Rock : May 31, 2014 | Billboard Chart Archive". Billboard. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- Justin Cordle. "An Open Letter & Farewell from Justin Cordle". Archived from the original on May 2, 2016. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- "We As Human Members Share Plans for Future". newreleasetoday.com. Retrieved August 24, 2016.
- "As We Ascend". Facebook. Retrieved June 1, 2016.[non-primary source needed]
- Fanelli, Damian (June 18, 2013). "Exclusive: We As Human Premiere Self-Titled Debut Album". Revolver. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- "join the newsletter". Hear It First. Retrieved February 2, 2016.
- "Nominees - The 47th Annual GMA Dove Awards". Retrieved February 2, 2016.
- "The Rock & Worship Roadshow Tour 2015". The Roadshow Tour.
- "Skillet announces co-headline U.S. Spring Tour with Third Day and all-star line up including Mandisa, Brandon Heath, Jamie Grace and more!". Skillet Official Website.
- "TobyMac, Skillet And Lecrae Join Forces To Thrill Crowds On Summer Shed Tour". newreleasetuesday.com.
- "Hard Drive Live is proud to present Black Stone Cherry to headline the Summer 2014 Tour".