Wea Township, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
|Coordinates: 40°20′34″N 86°52′02″W / 40.34278°N 86.86722°WCoordinates: 40°20′34″N 86°52′02″W / 40.34278°N 86.86722°W|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.06 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.04 sq mi (93.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.06%|
|Elevation||633 ft (193 m)|
|• Density||878.5/sq mi (339.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||454043|
Wea Township is one of thirteen townships in Tippecanoe County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 31,660 and it contained 13,022 housing units.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.06 square miles (93.4 km2), of which 36.04 square miles (93.3 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.06%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Lafayette (south quarter)
- North Crane at 40°20′19″N 86°48′37″W / 40.3386471°N 86.8102849°W
- South Raub at 40°18′05″N 86°54′48″W / 40.3014256°N 86.9133411°W
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Fairfield Township (north)
- Perry Township (northeast)
- Sheffield Township (east)
- Lauramie Township (southeast)
- Randolph Township (southwest)
- Union Township (west)
The township contains these cemeteries: Conarroe, Fink, Kenny, Meadow View, O'Neall, Provault, Shoemaker, Sickler, Spring Grove and Wildcat.
- Lafayette School Corporation
- Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 26
- State House District 27
- State House District 41
- State Senate District 22
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- ^ a b "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-10.