AWE (TV network)
|Launched||June 1, 2004|
|Owned by||Herring Networks|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)
(HD feed downgraded to letterboxed 480i for SDTVs)
|Slogan||A Wealth of Entertainment|
|Headquarters||San Diego, CA|
|Formerly called||Wealth TV (2004–13 )|
|Sister channel(s)||One America News Network|
|DirecTV||Channel 387 (HD/SD)|
|Dish Network||Channel TBA|
|Available on some cable systems||Check local listings for channel number|
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 669 (HD)
Channel 169 (SD)
|AT&T U-verse||Channel 1147 (HD)
Channel 147 (SD)
|Digital media receiver||Amazon Fire TV
AWE (formerly Wealth TV) is a United States-based lifestyle and entertainment cable network privately held by Herring Networks, Inc. The network operates several domestic and international television feeds. The network's primary production facilities and corporate headquarters are located in San Diego, California. It is featured on numerous providers including DirecTV, Verizon FiOS, and AT&T.
Since its inception in 2004, the network has produced an extensive amount of its signature programming lineup in house and has received numerous regional Emmys for its production efforts. Its in-house production facilities include two studios, 14 HD editing bays and a master control operations facility with satellite uplink and downlink capabilities.
AWE network operates a 24/7 channel domestically as well as an international feed with alternate programming in which it owns the worldwide rights. The network also offers its 24/7 feeds and programs on demand through multiple digital media playing devices. AWE is carried domestically on approximately 150 cable systems and telco video providers. Its international feeds are broadcast throughout the Caribbean and the Middle East.
AWE airs a wide range of lifestyle and entertainment programming, including a significant amount of original content.
- Behind the Name – Learning how businesses create a niche market.
- Castles of the Ages – Castles and palaces such as Topkapı Palace are explored. Produced by Pam Glennon.
- Boys Toys – The latest and hottest toys and vehicles, hosted by Jenn Barlow.
- Private Islands – Host Christina Cindrich explores the world's most exotic private islands.
- Behind the Gates – Exclusive access to extravagant, customized properties.
- Electrified – Discussing the growing trend of electric cars.
- Etiquette 101 – Guidelines on the appropriate behavior for a variety of situations.
- Focal Point – A documentary series examining current issues and unique historical events. Produced by Graham Sheldon & Pam Glennon.
- Lux Lifestyles – A look at the most luxurious destinations from around the world.
- Self Made – A look into the lives of people who created multimillion-dollar enterprises.
- Social – Danielle Staub visits the homes of the wealthy and successful.
- Wealth International News – Anchored by Emmy-Award winner Graham Ledger.
- Wealth in the Air – The latest in aeronautics.
- Wealth on Wheels – The latest trends on the road today.
- Wealth on the Water – A look onboard multimillion-dollar mega yachts.
- WOW! – Visiting the most affluent neighborhoods around the world.
- Another Shade of Blue – Follow a photojournalist around the blue planet.
- Vicarious Escapes – Off the beaten path travel of exclusive and historical locations.
Live championship boxing
In 2011, WealthTV began airing live professional boxing branded under "Wealth TV's Fight Night". In July 2012, the network aired its first live pay-per-view (PPV) event branded "Wealth TV PPV". Wealth TV received multiple recognitions for its boxing efforts in 2012. The Boxing Writers Association of America, BWAA, recognized six fights for 2012 as nominees for best fight of the year, two of which were aired live on Wealth TV. David Price, a heavyweight boxer featured exclusively in the US on Wealth TV in 2012, was recognized by leading boxing authority Dan Rafael of ESPN as the top Prospect of the Year.
In the past, AWE has brought boxing fans some of the most exciting and controversial bouts including the matchup of Ricky Burns against Ray Beltran for the world lightweight title (2013); the crowning of American, Terence Crawford, after his defeat of Ricky Burns (2014); and several bouts demonstrating the explosive power of undefeated heavyweight Tyson Fury. In 2017, AWE was the exclusive provider for the historic matchup between legendary British heavyweights David Haye and Tony Bellew.
Instead of relying on its own stable of fighters or a single promoter, the network has been involved with a handful of promoters to air live, world-class, boxing events. The network has worked with a number of promoters worldwide including Don King (Don King Promotions), Kathy Duva (Main Events), Mick Hennessy (Hennessy Sports), Yvon Michel (Groupe Yvon Michel) and Barry Hearn (Matchroom Sports), to delivery over 20 live events. The network has been accelerating the number of live boxing matches and for some events provides complete television production utilizing its staff and live production equipment.
In 2007 and 2008 Wealth TV filed carriage access complaints at the FCC against the iN DEMAND owners, namely Comcast, Time Warner, Bright House, and Cox Communications. As of December 2012, the complaints are on appeal in the Ninth Circuit Court of California.
On December 11, 2007, Wealth TV issued a press release accusing a technology blog, Engadget HD, of launching an attack on it just days after Wealth TV engaged in a dispute with Time Warner Cable, partly owned by Engadget's corporate then-parent AOL Time Warner.
- "Herring's OAN, AWE Channels Gain DirecTV Slots | Multichannel". www.multichannel.com. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- Inc., Herring Networks,. "One America News Network adds Verizon's FiOS TV to its list of Carriage Partners". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "AT&T U-Verse Channel Guide". ATT Deals. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- Wealth TV Honored with Six Emmys Archived January 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine., Wealth TV press release
- "Roku Gets Wealth TV, its First Live TV Channel". PCMAG. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- "Wealth TV Makes Major Strides in Boxing". Boxing News. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- "Prospect of the Year: David Price". ESPN.com. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- "Boxing the victim of outrageous judging as Ricky Burns gets 'home' draw against Raymundo Beltran". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- http://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/26404046. Retrieved 2017-05-17. Missing or empty
- Domin, Martin (2017-03-06). "David Haye's purse revealed after defeat by Tony Bellew". mirror. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Have no fear, boxing fans, WealthTV is here!". Bad Left Hook. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- Wealth TV Commissions TV ProGear for World's First 3D FlyPak, Wealth TV press release
- FCC Orders Hearings on NFL Network, Bright House, Wealth TV Complaints