Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
|"Wear My Ring Around Your Neck"|
|Single by Elvis Presley|
|B-side||"Don'cha Think It's Time"|
|Released||April 7, 1958|
|Format||45 RPM Single,|
|Recorded||February 1, 1958|
|Genre||Rock and roll|
|Songwriter(s)||Bert Carroll, Russell Moody|
|Elvis Presley singles chronology|
"Wear My Ring Around Your Neck" is a song written by Bert Carroll and Russell Moody, performed by Elvis Presley, which was released in 1958. It was particularly notable for breaking a string of ten consecutive number 1 hits for Presley achieved in just two years. It was Presley's 6th number-one hit in the American R&B Charts, and peaked at number 2 on the American Pop Charts.
|US Billboard Hot 100||2|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles||3|
|U.S. Billboard Hot R&B Singles||1|
Ricky Van Shelton version
American country music singer Ricky Van Shelton covered the song for the soundtrack of the 1992 movie Honeymoon in Vegas. Shelton's version, also included on his album Greatest Hits Plus, peaked at number 26 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||29|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||26|
- "Elvis Presley Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 272.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 310.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1898." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 17, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Ricky Van Shelton Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.